Gai Waterhouse will attempt to win the 2011 Caulfield Cup for the second consecutive year when she lines up Tullamore for the 2,400 metre race tomorrow October 15, 2011.
The five-year-old gelding is coming off an eighth place finish in The Metropolitan, however, Waterhouse believes tomorrow’s 2011 Caulfield Cup will tell a completely different story.
”He’ll have no trouble with the distance and I couldn’t be more pleased,” Waterhouse said.
”I know my jockey (Craig Newitt) is very keen.”
Tullamore has won twice over the 2,400 metre distance and will be looking to emulate the form he demonstrated during the Sydney autumn and Brisbane winter racing carnivals earlier this year.
The gelding is currently paying odds of $17 to win the Caulfield Cup 2011 at Luxbet after originally opening at odds of $15.
Horse Facts – Tullamore
- Jockey: Craig Newitt
- Trainer: Gai Waterhouse
- Owners: D A Henderson, R R Aujard, A J Burnes, B A Stracey, F Crews, J P Nugent, K R Wood, L J Gartner, R M Herron & J B Bongiorno
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Savabeel out of Trocair
- Career: 22 5-6-3
- Prize Money: $376,492
- Current Caulfield Cup Odds: $17 at Luxbet
Why Tullamore Can Win the 2011 Caulfield Cup
- Gai Waterhouse trained last year’s Caulfield Cup winner Descarado
- Tullamore has won two of his five attempts at the 2,400 metre distance and finished second in another
- He is proven on a good track, placing seven times from 12 runs
Why Tullamore Can’t Win The 2011 Caulfield Cup
- He is yet to win a race this preparation
- In the past Tullamore has demonstrated his best form during the autumn carnival
- He finished eighth in his last run in The Metropolitan over the Caulfield Cup’s distance
Luxbet is giving away a bonus bet worth up to $500 for a limited time only to lucky customers who sign up for an account today!
Just enter the promo code BONUSBET when you open your new Luxbet account and you will receive a bonus bet equal to 100% of your initial deposit when you bank between $25 and $500.
Furthermore, once you are a Luxbet customer you can enjoy their best tote exotic + 5% offer.
Just place an exotic bet on any race that is run as part of a race meet that contains a Group 1 race and you will receive the best of the three tote prices plus an extra 5%!
So sign up to Australia’s best bookmaker Luxbet today!