A capacity field of sixteen fillies will line up...
With a weaker than expected field of stayers accepted for the 2011 Caulfield Cup on Saturday, another race on the programme threatens to take centre stage with superstar colt Sepoy racing in the 2011 Caulfield Sprint, and while the Darley-owned stallion-in-the-making is odds-on to win, below the Races.com.au crew take a look at the entire field, form and market on the showdown.
Scheduled to jump at 2:00pm (EDT) as Caulfield Race 5 tomorrow, the $200,000 Group 2 Caulfield Sprint (1100m) field is down to nine gallopers following the early scratchings of #3 Eagle Falls and #4 Here De Angels.
Pronounced and deserved favourite in the Caulfield Sprint 2011 odds at Luxbet is Sepoy at a firm quote of $1.30.
Why Sepoy can become the 2011 Caulfield Sprint Winner:
- Top-rated runner in the field (117), next closest is Buffering (109)
- Nicely weighted on 55.5kg – meets Buffering 2.5kg better in the weights
- Kerrin McEvoy to get a gun ride on the rails from barrier one
- Highest Win Rate of field, an incredible 88.89% and a 100% Place Rate, only beaten once when second on Slow ground last season
- Unbeaten at Caulfield with four wins from as many starts
- Unbeaten at the distance with two wins from as many starts
- Unbeaten on Good ground
- Triple Group 1 winner so can easily take these
There are no other runners in this year’s Caulfield Sprint field under single figures in the market.
While Sepoy looks all but unbeatable at his short price, punters can still find value in the better through the Exotics at Luxbet.
Following Sepoy in the Caulfield Sprint markets, and great Place chances are:
- #1 Buffering ($11 Luxbet) – Obvious 2nd Place selection, drawn ideally in barrier four, has a big weight but won with more on their back two starts back in the Group 3 McEwen Stakes (1000m) at Moonee Valley, comes off a fourth to Sepoy in the Group 1 Manikato Stakes (1200m) and hasn’t got the speed to beat them over the 1100m but can come within about two lengths is our prediction
- #8 Mid Summer Music ($10- Luxbet) – No questioning the talent or the form but queries that the 1100m may be a little short and sharp for her and hasn’t been up against the boys since July when she won the Group 3 Bletchingly Stakes (1200m) in a photo, brilliant Caulfield Record – four wins from six starts and has won at the track and distance
- #9 Curtana ($15 Luxbet) – Second Peter Moody-trained mare in the field along with Mid Summer Music, hasn’t quite got the finish of her stablemate but is handy and well-weighted, has form at Caulfield and could be thereabouts
However, the Races.com.au Roughie Pick of the Caulfield Sprint is:
- #10 Basil Da Man ($26 Luxbet) – Best Exotics Inclusion, boasts the second best Win Rate of the field with 83.33% , drawn well in barrier three and should get a nice run just in behind Buffering who will take them forward, two-from-two over the 1100m, hasn’t seen a black-type field from their six starts, but with five wins is worth a look
See below for the full 2011 Perri Cutten Caulfield Sprint field, form guide and odds.
Want a $500 bonus bet to use on Caulfield Cup Day? Head to Luxbet now and open a new account with Australia’s best online bookie quoting the codeword BONUSBET and get your first deposit matched dollar for dollar up to $500!
Also, if you want to lock in our Caulfield Sprint Trifecta Tip of #6 Sepoy to beat $1 Buffering and #10 Basil Da Man, do it at Luxbet and get the Best Tote Exotic Payout + 5% with no cap on your winnings!
2011 Caulfield Sprint Odds
Caulfield Race 5 – 15/10/2011
|2||Decision Time (5)||21.00|
|3||Eagle Falls (6)||–|
|4||Here De Angels (8)||–|
|5||Grand Duels (8)||51.00|
|8||Mid Summer Music (6)||10.00|
|10||Basil Da Man (3)||26.00|
|11||Platinum Skye (7)||101.00|
2011 Caulfield Sprint Field & Form Guide
|1.||BUFFERING||R L Heathcote||Damian Browne||4||58||4yoG||15||$51,106||18: 8 3 2||44.44%||72.22%||374414|
|2.||DECISION TIME||C E Conners||Craig Williams||5||57.5||4yoG||13||$89,180||15: 8 2 1||53.33%||73.33%||x1x150|
|3.||EAGLE FALLS||D A Hayes||Damien Oliver||6||57||6yoG||42||$39,915||25: 7 2 1||28.00%||40.00%||190×00|
|4.||HERE DE ANGELS||Ms W Roche||Nicholas Hall||8||57||8yoG||70||$22,342||33: 11 4 2||33.33%||51.52%||x0Lx79|
|5.||GRAND DUELS||B Cozamanis||Steven Arnold||10||56||8yoG||13||$18,648||42: 10 4 5||23.81%||45.24%||40×730|
|6.||SEPOY||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||1||55.5||3yoC||15||$382,167||9: 8 1 0||88.89%||100.00%||21×111|
|7.||PERTURBO||C and C Alderson||Dwayne Dunn||11||55||6yoG||70||$14,354||28: 9 4 1||32.14%||50.00%||x42114|
|8.||MID SUMMER MUSIC||P G Moody||Linda Meech||7||53.5||6yoM||42||$27,993||15: 9 3 1||60.00%||86.67%||112112|
|9.||CURTANA||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||2||53||4yoM||13||$40,892||12: 5 2 1||41.67%||66.67%||117×34|
|10.||BASIL DA MAN||D R Jolly||Corey Brown||3||53||5yoG||45||$17,367||6: 5 0 0||83.33%||83.33%||1115×1|
|11.||PLATINUM SKYE||G Portelli||Not Notified||9||53||6yoM||7||$7,375||20: 10 2 2||50.00%||70.00%||213×54|
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.