Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Reports from the Werribee Equine Centre earlier today indicate that Drunken Sailor is the best positioned of the internationals to win tomorrow’s $2.5 Million Caulfield Cup.
It’s a big statement given how much media attention the other European’s have received but based on a number of factors Drunken Sailor has been given the tick of approval.
It’s true that his form lines continue to improve even though he’s not racing with those he’s vanquished enjoying big success.
Jukebox Jury is one of the ‘it’ horses in Europe at the moment but Drunken Sailor is in fact the last horse to beat him.
That was when he won at the Glorious Goodwood festival with Jukebox Jury in third.
The second placed horse Harris Tweed has also come out and won at Group level since so things really do look in Drunken Sailor’s favour for the Caulfield Cup.
That being said though the glaring issue is that bad barrier, gate 18 likely to cause all sorts of issues.
Connections have indicated he might be ridden for luck as they try to slot in mid field, that tactic fraught with danger but effectively their only option.
As a result Drunken Sailor was $21 when betting opened at Luxbet but with word of his good progression that’s into $19 fixed price.
Horse Facts – Drunken Sailor
- Jockey: Dwayne Dunn
- Trainer: Luca Cumani
- Owners: OTI Racing, T Bloom, J Higgins, G Peterson, G Ryan, Glenlogan Park Synd & Uthmeyer Racing
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Tendulkar out of Ronni Pancake
- Career: 40 11-9-4
- Prize Money: $668,460
- Current Caulfield Cup Odds: $19 at Luxbet
Why Drunken Sailor Can Win the 2011 Caulfield Cup
- He’s won three times over the distance and won at good level.
- His form lines are super strong and get stronger seemingly every week.
- Latest reports on him suggest he could be the best of the internationals.
- Versatile horse in all conditions
Why Drunken Sailor Can’t Win The 2011 Caulfield Cup
- Barrier, if he doesn’t slot in he simply won’t be able to win the race.
- He may have won three times over 2400m but recent preps suggest he might be suited for longer.
- First up in Australia and his first ever visit to the tight turning Caulfield.
You can only make decisions based on the information given to you and the current information says Drunken Sailor may be in a position to win the Caulfield Cup.
That being said it’s clear he does need a few things to go his way so that’s why he’s still such good value at Luxbet, $21 fixed.
If you would like to secure these great Caulfield Cup dividends, make sure you open an account with Luxbet today.
Enter the exclusive promo code BONUSBET when you join and for a limited time only you could receive a bonus bet worth up to $500!
Also, once you are a Luxbet member, you can enjoy their fantastic best tote exotic +5% offer which gives you the best of the three tote prices plus an addition 5% bonus on all exotics placed this spring racing carnival 2011 on a race meet that included a Group 1 race.
So sign up with Luxbet to receive these great offers for yourself!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.