Recently inducted Hall Of Fame trainer Chris...
The action at Caulfield Racecourse this Saturday will be top class with the likes of Sepoy and More Joyous having their next spring starts, but the headline event on the 10-race card will be the $2.5 million Group 1 BMW Caulfield Cup (2400m) and below the Races.com.au team have their exclusive2011 Caulfield Cup form guide analysis in two words.
Forget spending hours scrolling through the detailed form on the 18-starter plus four emergency Caulfield Cup 2011 fieldto discover what the best value bets are to put on at Luxbet – we have done the hard work for you.
After going over the Caulfield Cup field and statistics, we have assessed the chances of every Caulfield Cup horse this year going into Saturday’s showdown and summed up the form on every runner in just two words.
Scheduled to run as Caulfield Race 8 at 4:05pm (EDT), the Caulfield Cup field 2011 is a controversial one with many of the original contenders high up the order of entry not accepted.
Caulfield Cup betting markets at Luxbet are clearly lead by the Mark Kavanagh-trained December Draw, who after coming up with barrier 11 – moving into nine without the emergencies – has maintained their $2.30 favouritisim.
Adding interest to the Caulfield Cup field this year are the four internationally-trained contenders, the largest number of overseas raiders in the race’s history.
The shortest-priced of these is the John Moore-trained Hong Kong hopeful Mighty High who will carry the No. 1 saddlecloth as the 57kg Caulfield Cup top-weight.
Mighty High is paying $13 in the Caulfield Cup odds at Luxbet after drawing the rails.
Many are predicting the overseas form to stack up in this year’s Caulfield Cup, bringing into contention the Luca Cumani-trained duo of Drunken Sailor and Manighar who are both at a quote of $21 through Luxbet, as well as Brian Ellison’s British raider Saptapadi who has firmed in from $51 to $26 after coming up trumps with gate six in the Caulfield Cup barrier draw yesterday.
Can December Draw continue their dominance in Australia and silence the critics that question their ability over the 2400 meters? Or will there be an upset Caulfield Cup result in 2011 from the likes of another top fancy such as crack German import Lucas Cranach or Lloyd William’s sole runner Green Moon?
Check out what the Races.com.au crew has to say about the 2011 Caulfield Cup field below with our two word form evaluation, and then head over to our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet to place your bets!
- 1. MIGHTY HIGH ($13 Luxbet) – High Chance
- 2. DRUNKEN SAILOR ($21 Luxbet) – Right Distance
- 3. MANIGHAR ($21 Luxbet) – 2010 Improver
- 4. UNUSUAL SUSPECT ($101 Luxbet) – Suspect Form
- 5. LUCAS CRANACH ($9 Luxbet) – Injury Query
- 6. PRECEDENCE ($31 Luxbet) – Out Classed
- 7. HAWK ISLAND ($26 Luxbet) – If Wet
- 8. SHOOTOFF ($41 Luxbet) – Cox Plate?
- 9. DECEMBER DRAW ($2.30 Luxbet) – Can’t Fault
- 10. SAPTAPADI ($26 Luxbet) – Market Mover
- 11. TULLAMORE ($17 Luxbet) – Place Chance
- 12. ABSOLUTELY ($17 Luxbet) – Poor Draw
- 13. DREAM PEDLAR ($101 Luxbet) – Pipe Dream
- 14. NIWOT ($51 Luxbet) – Light Weight
- 15. DOMESKY ($101 Luxbet) – Wrong Race
- 16. GREEN MOON ($11 Luxbet) – Genuine Threat
- 17. MACEDONIAN ($101 Luxbet) – Moody Factor
- 18. SOUTHERN SPEED ($15 Luxbet) – Could Lead
- 19e. SPECHENKA ($301 Luxbet) – Spring Horse?
- 20e. LUCKY EIGHTY EIGHT ($201 Luxbet) – With Luck
- 21e. ANUDJAWUN ($201 Luxbet) – Won’t Start
- 22e. MIDNIGHT MARTINI ($201 Luxbet) – Next Year
Fancy a $500 bonus bet on the Caulfield Cup this year?
Open that online betting account that you’ve been meaning to do for ages at Luxbet and start accessing the best horse racing odds on offer and also receive a BONUS $500 BET simply by quoting the codeword BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.