Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
On Wednesday the 2011 Thousand Guineas will light up Caulfield Racecourse, and for smart punters looking to place the winning bets on the three-year-old fillies’ feature, below the Races.com.au team have the best Thousand Guineas form guide selections and betting analysis.
The $500,000 Group 1 Schweppes Thousand Guineas (1600m) is scheduled to run as Caulfield Race 6 at 3:40pm (EDT) and there are 12 classy fillies engaged to do the form on.
Overwhelming favourite in the Thousand Guineas 2011 odds at Luxbet is Mark Kavanagh’s unbeaten daughter of Fastnet Rock Atlantic Jewel at a quote of $1.50.
Although her 100% Win Rate is impressive, Atlantic Jewel is yet to race against top-shelf rivals.
So, can the favourite salute for the punters and become the sixth to do so in the past nine years? Or will one of the longer-priced Thousand Guineas acceptors claim an upset at juicy odds?
When placing your Thousand Guineas bets at Luxbet it is important to know all there is to know on the fillies and their form. Which in the field come off a last-start victory and which have the best strike rate?
Also, knowing the Thousand Guineas betting history and trends will help when making your selections such as what the most successful Thousand Guineas barriers and jockeys are.
Sounds like hard work right? That’s where the Races.com.au crew come in. We have done the Thousand Guineas 2011 form guide and betting analysis for you so all you have to do is read the facts and stats below and then head to Luxbet to place your bets before race time!
2011 Thousand Guineas Form Guide Facts & Betting Stats:
- Race favourite #8 Atlantic Jewel ($1.50 Luxbet) has the highest Win Rate of the field on 100% followed by her stablemate #6 Celebrity Girl (50%) and #3 Bliss Street (44.44%)
- The best Place Percentages belong to #8 Atlantic Jewel (100%), #2 Hallowell Belle (100%) and #11 Sharnee Rose (100%)
- As the favourite things are in Atlantic Jewel’s favour with five of the past eight favourites having taken out the race, including two odds-on with Alinghi ($1.70 in 2004) and Miss Finland ($1.90 in 2006)
- Barrier five has produced the most Thousand Guineas winners (four) in recent years; #7 Manhattan Maid ($81 Luxbet) is drawn in gate five this year
- There are three last-start winners engaged with #1 Mosheen (1600m, Flemington, 02/10/2011), #5 Disputes (1400m, Rosehill, 24/09/2011) and #8 Atlantic Jewel (1400m, Caulfield, 24/09/2011)
- 14 fillies have won the Edward Manifold Stakes – Thousand Guineas double, #1 Mosheen ($5.50 Luxbet) vies for the double this year
- Seven of the past eight Thousand Guineas winners – Yosei last year being the exception – all placed in their three lead-up runs going into the race; fillies this year who have finished in the top three in their most recent three runs are #2 Hallowell Bell ($13 Luxbet), #8 Atlantic Jewel ($1.50 Luxbet) and #11 Sharnee Rose ($21 Luxbet)
- #12 Rahveel ($41 Luxbet) will be ridden by the most successful Thousand Guineas jockey in recent years, four-time champion Damien Oliver
- Other fillies this year to be ridden by former Thousand Guineas winning hoops are #1 Mosheen (Danny Nikolic), #7 Manhattan Maid (Michelle Payne), #9 Kneeling (Craig Williams), #10 Crucial (Steven King) and #3 Bliss Street (Steven Arnold)
- Fillies to have won at the Caulfield Track are #1 Mosheen (3-1-0-2), #3 Bliss Street (1-1-0-0), #4 Cute Emily (3-1-0-0), #7 Manhattan Maid (2-1-0-0) and #8 Atlantic Jewel (1-1-0-0)
- The only Thousand Guineas hopes to have won over the mile are #1 Mosheen (1-1-0-0) and #12 Rahveel (2-1-0-0)
Based on the above Thousand Guineas form and info, the Races.com.au team believe odds-on favourite Atlantic Jewel will be hard to beat and will be backing her to win through Luxbet.
Races.com.au Thousand Guineas 2011 Tips:
- Trifecta Tip: #8 Atlantic Jewel to beat #2 Hallowell Belle and #1 Mosheen – Bet now at Luxbet
- First Four Inclusion: #3 Bliss Street – Lock in the Exotic at Luxbet now
- Roughie Bet: #7 Manhattan Maid – Worth a sneaky Each Way bet at Luxbet
To lock in our selections for the Thousand Guineas at the best prices, head to Luxbet and open an account with Australia’s ace online bookmaker quoting the code BONUSBET to also receive a bonus $500 bet.
Also, don’t just back the Thousand Guineas winner, take advantage of Luxbet’s Best Tote Exotics + 5% Bonus offer open on all the spring elite levels by locking in an Exacta, Trifecta or First Four bet a Luxbet!
2011 Thousand Guineas Field & Form Guide
Caulfield Race 6 – 12/10/2011
|1.||MOSHEEN||R W Smerdon||Danny Nikolic||10||55.5||3yoF||10||$140,200||6: 2 1 2||33.33%||83.33%||2×3531|
|2.||HALLOWELL BELLE||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||9||55.5||3yoF||11||$49,566||8: 1 6 1||12.50%||100.00%||x12222|
|3.||BLISS STREET||D L Morton||Steven Arnold||8||55.5||3yoF||10||$34,983||9: 4 1 2||44.44%||77.78%||1×1612|
|4.||CUTE EMILY||P G Moody||Craig Newitt||1||55.5||3yoF||12||$23,604||7: 3 1 0||42.86%||57.14%||1×0442|
|5.||DISPUTES||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||11||55.5||3yoF||18||$15,681||8: 1 1 2||12.50%||50.00%||562×81|
|6.||CELEBRITY GIRL||M A Kavanagh||Corey Brown||2||55.5||3yoF||10||$30,935||4: 2 0 1||50.00%||75.00%||1×143|
|7.||MANHATTAN MAID||D K Weir||Michelle Payne||5||55.5||3yoF||10||$20,771||7: 2 1 0||28.57%||42.86%||1×0886|
|8.||ATLANTIC JEWEL||M A Kavanagh||Michael Rodd||4||55.5||3yoF||18||$30,742||3: 3 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||111|
|9.||KNEELING||John Thompson||Craig Williams||7||55.5||3yoF||18||$24,767||3: 1 1 0||33.33%||66.67%||217|
|10.||CRUCIAL||Anthony Freedman||Steven King||12||55.5||3yoF||18||$6,304||6: 2 1 1||33.33%||66.67%||x12x14|
|11.||SHARNEE ROSE||M Ellerton and S Zahra||Dwayne Dunn||6||55.5||3yoF||18||$8,550||4: 0 3 1||0.00%||100.00%||2×223|
|12.||RAHVEEL||L J Corstens||Damien Oliver||3||55.5||3yoF||10||$5,681||4: 1 0 0||25.00%||25.00%||7714|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.