Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
One of the most anticipated races on the Caulfield Guineas Day programme this Saturday is the 2011 Toorak Handicap and here the Races.com.au team have sourced and studied the best form guides and betting previews on the event to bring our readers the exclusive Toorak Handicap tips.
A bumper 14-horse field of stayers have been accepted to face off in the $350,000 Group 1 Toorak Handicap (1600m), which is scheduled to jump at 2:40pm (EDT) as Caulfield Race 6.
Peter Moody’s in-form Kiwi import King’s Rose is the current $4.60 Toorak Handicap betting favourite at Luxbet, the four-year-old daughter of Redoute’s Choice looking to maintain her flawless record down under having won her opening two starts on Aussie turf this season.
Is King’s Rose the deserved favourite? Will she salute for the punters on Saturday or will one of her rivals including last-start Sir Rupert Clarke winner Toorak Toff, her market moving stablemate Luen Yat Forever or the Gai Waterhouse-trained Fast Clip get the better of her?
In a big field full of standout performers it can be time consuming doing the research and looking at the form guide facts and stats on a big Group 1 like the Toorak Handicap 2011.
So, to ensure our readers don’t bet blindly and miss out on their chance to clean out the bookies this weekend, the Races.com.au crew have done the hard work for you.
Find out which horses in the Toorak Handicap field have the best winning percentages, what the history on the race says in regards to what age and sex have the best record and where the value bets are at below.
Then after looking over our Toorak Handicap form guide analysis, check out the Races.com.au tips on the feature that you can lock in at the best price through Luxbet.
2011 Toorak Handicap Form Facts & Betting Guide
- Two horses in the Toorak field come off a last-start victory with #2 Toorak Toff ($9 Luxbet) and #6 King’s Rose ($4.60 Luxbet)
- Highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #6 King’s Rose (75.14%) followed by #12 Dreamaway (50.00%) and #14 Blackie (50.00%)
- Last year’s Toorak Handicap winner More Joyous jumped from barrier 10 with Nash Rawiller in the mount; this year More Joyous’ stablemate #10 Fast Clip ($6.50 Luxbet) has drawn gate 10 again but will be ridden by Glyn Schofield
- Three of the past four Toorak Handicap winners were mares; mares in contention this year are #6 King’s Rose, #7 Yosei ($26 Luxbet), #12 Dreamaway ($16 Luxbet) and #13 Majestic Music ($19 Luxbet)
- Over the past decade, however, five entires have been successful; only one stallion races in this year’s Toorak in #2 Toorak Toff
- If successful, #2 Toorak Toff would become just the third Toorak Handicap winner to carry 58kg to victory along with All Shot (1972) and More Joyous (2010); the other 58kg top-weight this year is #1 King Mufhasa ($12 Luxbet)
- #1 King Mufhasa (Michael Rodd) is one of three horses to be ridden by a former Toorak Handicap winning jockey along with #7 Yosei (Michelle Payne) and #13 Majestic Music (Craig Newitt)
- The last two Toorak Handicap winning mares – Allez Wonder (2009) and More Joyous (2010) – both came off last start wins as does #6 King’s Rose this year
- Six-year-olds have the best recent record with six wins in the past 10 years; 6YO’s racing on Saturday are #5 Woorim ($12 Luxbet), #8 Luen Yat Forever ($5 Luxbet) and #11 Lord Pyrus ($51 Luxbet)
- Only two horses to have previously won at the Track & Distance with #7 Yosei (1-1-0-0) and #11 Lord Pyrus (1-1-0-0)
- Over the 1600m the best performers are #1 King Mufhasa (10-3-1-0), #3 Wall Street (16-9-2-0), #4 Dao Dao (12-4-3-2), #6 King’s Rose (3-3-0-0), #9 Torio’s Quest (1-1-0-0), #10 Fast Clip (1-1-0-0), #13 Majestic Music (10-3-2-0)
Based on the above Toorak Handicap form, King’s Rose looks hard to beat making this a winning race for the punters.
Races.com.au Caulfield Guineas Day Race 6 Tips & Selections
- Toorak Handicap Trifecta – #6 King’s Rose from #10 Fast Clip and #13 Majestic Music
- First Four / Exotic Selections – #12 Dreamaway or #7 Yosei
- Best Roughie – #11 Lord Pyrus
Want a $500 Bonus Bet and the highest paying Spring Exotics? Get both and more exclusive betting offers at Australia’s leading online bookie Luxbet.
Then discover great spring carnival exclusives including their Best Tote + 5% Bonus on all Exotics placed on races at Group 1 meetings and their 2nd Place Refund Bet Bonus!
Toorak Handicap 2011 Form Guide
Caulfield Race 6 – 08/10/2011*
|1.||KING MUFHASA||S J Mckee||Michael Rodd||12||58||7yoG||21||$42,577||44: 15 4 5||34.09%||54.55%||140×12|
|2.||TOORAK TOFF||R G Hore-lacy||Chris Symons||5||58||4yoH||14||$90,787||14: 6 1 0||42.86%||50.00%||5x0x51|
|3.||WALL STREET||J R Lynds||Damien Oliver||8||57||7yoG||21||$53,341||25: 11 4 0||44.00%||60.00%||200×04|
|4.||DAO DAO||“M, W and J Hawkes||Darren Beadman||14||55.5||8yoG||14||$50,655||28: 7 8 3||25.00%||64.29%||2708×7|
|5.||WOORIM||R L Heathcote||Damian Browne||2||55.5||6yoG||8||$18,141||33: 9 6 3||27.27%||54.55%||171106|
|6.||KING’S ROSE||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||1||54.5||4yoM||28||$39,476||14: 8 1 0||57.14%||64.29%||147×11|
|7.||YOSEI||S J Webb||Michelle Payne||11||54.5||4yoM||14||$52,616||17: 4 1 1||23.53%||35.29%||x60100|
|8.||LUEN YAT FOREVER||P G Moody||Nicholas Hall||3||54||6yoG||14||$30,370||34: 12 8 2||35.29%||64.71%||290×45|
|9.||TORIO’S QUEST||B A Partelle||Danny Nikolic||7||53.5||4yoG||28||$81,059||11: 5 1 0||45.45%||54.55%||6401×2|
|10.||FAST CLIP||Ms G Waterhouse||Glyn Schofield||10||53||4yoG||14||$27,637||13: 5 4 1||38.46%||76.92%||215×32|
|11.||LORD PYRUS||Ms J Mawer||Stephen Baster||6||53||6yoG||21||$8,821||20: 5 4 4||25.00%||65.00%||150×09|
|12.||DREAMAWAY||D Binaisse||Not Notified||9||52.5||4yoM||14||$62,254||12: 6 2 0||50.00%||66.67%||111×80|
|13.||MAJESTIC MUSIC||L Macdonald and A Gluyas||Craig Newitt||13||52.5||5yoM||14||$32,610||26: 6 5 2||23.08%||50.00%||452×04|
|14.||BLACKIE||M C Kent||Not Notified||4||52.5||4yoG||14||$18,552||8: 4 1 0||50.00%||62.50%||117×20|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.