Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The 2011 Caulfield Stakes is scheduled to run as one of three premiere Group 1 spring showdowns on the Caulfield Guineas Day programme on Saturday and for savvy punters looking for the best value bets to place on the weight-for-age feature, below the Races.com.au team have the detailed Caulfield Stakes form guide analysis and tips.
Running as Caulfield Race 5 at 2:00pm (EDT), the $400,000 Group 1 Caulfield Stakes (2000m) field is down to 10 hopefuls following the injury-forced scratching of former winner Whobegotyou on Thursday.
Clear race favourite in the Caulfield Stakes 2011 odds at Luxbet is last-start Underwood Stakes winner Lion Tamer who has firmed in from $3.80 to $3.10.
Other notable rivals to the in-form Kiwi stayer include the Robert Hickmott-trained Caulfield Cup fancy At First Sight, market mover Alcopop and dual Group 1 winning four-year-old Sincero.
With half of the Caulfield Stakes field under double-figures in the betting and the early scratching of a key player, the race has become a wide-open affair for punters.
To save you time and get you betting and winning through Luxbet sooner, we here at Races.com.au have studied the Caulfield Stakes’ field, form and betting history to uncover the best bets and tips.
2011 Caulfield Stakes Form Guide Stats & Betting Analysis
- #7 Lion Tamer ($3.10 Luxbet) is the only last-start winner in the field and is out to win the same Underwood Stakes – Caulfield Stakes double So You Think did last year
- Last year’s Caulfield Stakes winner So You Think jumped from barrier 3 with Steven Arnold in the mount; this year #5 Alcopop ($7 Luxbet) has drawn gate three and Arnold will ride #9 Sahara Sun ($51 Luxbet)
- Other horses to be ridden by a former Caulfield / Yalumba Stakes winner jockey are #2 Descarado (Nash Rawiller), #3 Mighty High (Darren Beadman) and #7 Lion Tamer (Michael Rodd)
- #2 Descarado (Gai Waterhouse) is the only horse to be trained by a former Caulfield / Yalumba Stakes winning trainer this year
- #6 Sincero boasts the best Win Rate of the field by far with 68.75%, followed by #11 Lights Of Heaven (57.14%) and #7 Lion Tamer (46.15%)
- Four and Five year olds have had the most success in the past decade with four wins apiece; there are five 4YO’s this year with #6 Sincero, #7 Lion Tamer, #8 Playing God, #9 Sahara Sun and #11 Lights Of Heaven; 5YO’s this year are #2 Descarado and #4 At First Sight
- Of the above #11 Lights Of Heaven ($9.50 Luxbet) is the only mare and the last mare to win the Caulfield was Tristarc (1985)
- Geldings boast the best Caulfield Stakes winning record over the past 10 years with 7 wins; there are four geldings left in contention this year with #2 Descarado, #3 Mighty High, #5 Alcopop and #6 Sincero
- Combining Caulfield Stakes winning age and sex stats of the past decade the best horses to back in 2011 are four-year-old gelding #6 Sincero and five-year-old ($6 Luxbet) gelding #2 Descarado ($17 Luxbet)
- Horses with form at the Track & Distance are #4 At First Sight (1-0-1-0) and #5 Alcopop (1-0-1-0)
- Four horses have Won over the Distance (2000m) with #3 Mighty High (6-2-0-2), #5 Alcopop (6-2-1-0), #9 Sahara Sun (1-1-0-0) and #11 Lights Of Heaven (1-1-0-0)
Races.com.au Caulfield Stakes 2011 Betting Selections
- Win – #6 Sincero – Rated Special to Win bet now at Luxbet
- Place – #5 Alcopop and #4 At First Sight
- Exotics – # Lion Tamer
- Roughie – #9 Sahara Sun
So head to Luxbet now and lock in our exclusive Caulfield Stakes betting tips, or your own selections, at the guaranteed best odds and also enjoy a $500 bonus bet this spring carnival when you first join, deposit and quote the codeword BONUSBET!
Don’t just back the winners this spring, jump in on those exotic markets and really clean up thanks’ to the Luxbet limited-time-only Best Tote on Exotics + 5% Bonus with NO CAP on your winnings!
2011 Caulfield Stakes Form Guide & Field
Caulfield Race 5 – 08/10/2011
|1.||WHOBEGOTYOU||M A Kavanagh||Damien Oliver||5||59||6yoG||28||$112,533||29: 10 10 4||34.48%||82.76%||x21x13|
|2.||DESCARADO||Ms G Waterhouse||Nash Rawiller||10||59||5yoG||14||$117,979||20: 4 6 1||20.00%||55.00%||x626x9|
|3.||MIGHTY HIGH||J Moore||Darren Beadman||8||59||6yoG||14||$81,038||19: 6 4 4||31.58%||73.68%||2331×3|
|4.||AT FIRST SIGHT||Robert Hickmott||Nicholas Hall||2||59||5yoH||21||$66,052||10: 1 3 1||10.00%||50.00%||45×062|
|5.||ALCOPOP||Jake Stephens||Dominic Tourneur||3||59||7yoG||28||$25,398||25: 9 3 0||36.00%||48.00%||10×512|
|6.||SINCERO||S Farley||Chris O’Brien||7||58||4yoG||7||$87,859||16: 11 1 0||68.75%||75.00%||101118|
|7.||LION TAMER||M P Baker||Michael Rodd||6||58||4yoH||21||$99,934||13: 6 1 1||46.15%||61.54%||521×41|
|8.||PLAYING GOD||N D Parnham||Steven Parnham||9||58||4yoH||6||$59,246||18: 6 4 4||33.33%||77.78%||2×2453|
|9.||SAHARA SUN||L M Cumani||Steven Arnold||1||58||4yoH||31||$6,618||12: 3 4 2||25.00%||75.00%||2112×6|
|10.||AVIENUS||M C Webb||Brad Rawiller||4||57||6yoM||14||$15,260||30: 5 6 2||16.67%||43.33%||5×0092|
|11.||LIGHTS OF HEAVEN||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||11||56||4yoM||21||$59,313||7: 4 1 0||57.14%||71.43%||11×259|
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.