It is not just this Saturday’s Schillaci Stakes betting that superstar sprinter Black Caviar is dominating, Peter Moody’s undefeated queen also opening as the clearcut futures favourite for the 2011 Patinack Farm Classic.
The $1 million Patinack Farm Classic (1200m) will run on the final Group 1 meeting of the Melbourne Cup Carnival, Emirates Stakes Day, on Saturday November 5, 2011.
2011 Patinack Farm Classic Odds
|Mid Summer Music||21.00|
|Albert The Fat||26.00|
Nominations for the sprint feature were taken by Racing Victoria last month and following the release of the early entries, Australia’s premier online bookmaker Luxbet has opened their Patinack Farm Classic 2011 odds and ante-post betting markets.
As expected reigning Patianck Farm Classic winner Black Caviar is installed as the odds-on favourite paying $1.50 through Luxbet to go back-to-back in the spring carnival classic.
While this is a short price for ante-post betting, it is definitely more generous than the odds on Black Caviar next race – the $200,000 Group 1 Schillaci Stakes (1000m) at Caulfield this Saturday, October 8.
Resuming for the season, Black Caviar is the $1.06 Luxbet favourite to win her first-up run and equal Phar Lap’s record of 14 straight metro wins.
There seems to be nothing threatening an upset in the Schillaci Stakes and if Black Caviar comes back to the track and wins on Saturday, than her odds to continue on and take out the Patianck Farm Classic will also firm.
The only other hopeful under double-figures in the early Patinack Farm All In Odds at Luxbet is Peter Snowden’s brilliant three-year-old Elusive Quality colt Sepoy.
Having easily accounted for their rivals in the Group 1 Manikato Stakes (1200m) at Moonee Valley on September 30, which was their maiden open-age and weight-for-age test, Sepoy has emerged as the only genuine speedster in Australia worthy of taking on and possibly taking down Black Caviar.
Sepoy is not yet confirmed as a Patinack Farm Classic runner, however, connection firstly focusing on getting him to win the $500,000 Group 1 Coolmore Stud Stakes (1200m) at Flemington on Victoria Derby Day, Saturday October 29.
Following Black Caviar & Sepoy in the Patinack Farm Classic Odds are:
- Beaded ($12 Luxbet) – Stablemate of Sepoy, Darley-owned Lonhro mare who has only finished out of the top three from her 22 starts to date once when fourth in the 2010 Stradbroke Handicap; multiple Group 1 performer who is a genuine chance once she resumes
- Happy Zero ($16 Luxbet) – Hawkes-trained import has had two starts down under including their recent seventh to Sepoy in the Manikato; tipped to improve over time and look better suited to Flemington than Moonee Valley
- Sister Madly ($16 Luxbet) – John Sadler’s Redoute’s Choice mare is in red-hot form, resumed with a first-up win over 1200m at Caulfield before their game second in the Manikato
- Kulgrinda ($21 Luxbet) – Exceed And Excel mare from the Moody stables, was looking a good thing for the spring before their disappointing dead-last finish in the Manikato; is entered to face Black Caviar in the Schillaci which will better reveal where she is at
- Pinwheel ($21 Luxbet) – Another Snowden-trained Lonhro, this six-year-old gelding was racing well in Sydney fresh but didn’t look impressive when 13th last-start in the Group 1 Sir Rupert Clarke at Caulfield; yet to see Flemington
Stay tuned to Races.com.au to keep up-to-date with all the latest Patinack Farm Classic and related Melbourne Cup Carnival news, field and betting developments.
In the meantime, get behind Black Caviar to win the Patinack before her odds-on price firms further by signing up with Luxbet.
Remember, if you are a first-time Luxbet customer this spring carnival to enter the promotional code BONUSBET when depositing between $25 and $500 to get your initial stakes matched 100% as a bonus bet up to $500!