On Monday Racing Victoria took nominations for all of the Caulfield Guineas Day races ahead of this weekend’s major Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival meet including those for the 2011 Herbert Power Stakes, which has attracted a number of international horses.
2011 Caulfield Cup Odds
Futures all-in betting showing top 24 horses.
There were officially 26 stayers nominated for the $200,000 Group 2 Herbert Power Stakes (2400m) this year, a race offering the winner a ballot exemption for Saturday week’s 2011 Caulfield Cup.
Adding interest to the list of hopefuls for the Herbert Power Stakes 2011 are overseas nominees:
- Luca Cumani’s great old grey and former Melbourne Cup runner-up Bauer, the eight-year-old last seen winning a 2815m handicap in England with 60.5kg on their back last month
- The Mikel Delzangles-trained French galloper Dunaden
- The Brian Ellison-trained stablemates Moyenne Corniche, winner of the York Ebor Handicap in August, and Saptapadi, both nominated 2011 Melbourne Cup
In the latest Luxbet odds for the $6.2 million Melbourne Cup (3200m), running at Flemington on Tuesday November 1, the shortest-priced of these internationals is Dunaden at a quote of $41.
Meanwhile Robert Hickmott will attempt back-to-back wins having prepared last year’s Herbert Power Stakes winner Linton nominating five from his stables.
The Hickmott-trained Herbert Power Stakes entries are:
- Midas Touch coming off a last-start third to Lion Tamer in the Underwood Stakes at Caulfield
- Sunday’s The Bart Cummings winner Mourayan
- Imported Galileo four-year-old At First Sight who ran second to Caulfield Cup favourite December Draw in the Naturalism Stakes on September 17
- Last month’s Newcastle Gold Cup winner Green Moon
- Tanby, another Galileo import heading towards the Spring Cups who comes off a 2500m victory at Moonee Valley
Midas Touch, At First Sight and Green Moon are all dual nominees for Caulfield Guineas Day having also been entered for one of the meeting’s elite level features – the $400,000 Group 1 Caulfield Stakes (2000m).
At First Sight and Midas Touch are also two of the best-backed horses in the Luxbet markets for the $2.5 million Group 1 Caulfield Cup (2400m) paying $8.50 and $10 respectively behind clear $3 favourite December Draw.
The 2011 Herbert Power Stakes final field and barriers will be released on Wednesday and published here first at Races.com.au.
In the meantime, get ready to lock in your selections at the best prices in Australia by opening your account with Luxbet.
This Tabcorp-owned and trusted online bookmaker currently have an incredible $500 Bonus Bet offer available only until the end of the Spring Racing Carnival, every first-time customer that joins, deposits and quotes the code BONUSBET eligible for the bonus!
2011 Herbert Power Stakes Nominations & Weights
|1||MIDAS TOUCH (GB)||Robert Hickmott||1||58kg||112|
|2||DUNADEN (FR)||Mikel Delzangles||15||57kg||109|
|3||MOURAYAN (IRE)||Robert Hickmott||2||56.5kg||108|
|4||AT FIRST SIGHT (IRE)||Robert Hickmott||3||56kg||106|
|5||BAUER (IRE)||Luca Cumani||4||55kg||103|
|6||MOYENNE CORNICHE (GB)||Brian Ellison||16||55kg||103|
|7||SAPTAPADI (IRE)||Brian Ellison||5||55kg||103|
|8||TACTIC (GB)||David Hayes||17||55kg||103|
|9||MASTER O’REILLY (NZ)||Judy Mawer||6||54kg||100|
|10||RAFFAELLO||Patrick F Ryan||18||54kg||100|
|11||LUCKY EIGHTY EIGHT||Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra||7||53kg||98|
|12||ANUDJAWUN (NZ)||Shaun Dwyer||12||52.5kg||89|
|13||EXCEPTIONALLY (NZ)||Terry & Karina O’Sullivan||19||52.5kg||95|
|14||GALIZANI||John P Thompson||22=||52.5kg||90|
|15||GREEN MOON (IRE)||Robert Hickmott||9||52.5kg||95|
|16||LOPOV (NZ)||Danny O’Brien||14||52.5kg||78|
|17||MACEDONIAN (NZ)||Peter G Moody||8||52.5kg||96|
|18||MIDNIGHT MARTINI||Mark Kavanagh||13||52.5kg||87|
|19||MY SCOTSGREY (NZ)||Shaune Ritchie||20=||52.5kg||95|
|20||PRUSSIAN OFFICER||Steve Richards||26||52.5kg||78|
|21||REBEL SOLDIER (IRE)||David Hayes||10||52.5kg||92|
|25||TWO FOR TEA (NZ)||Gai Waterhouse||25||52.5kg||85|
|26||ZOOMIN (NZ)||Michael Kent||22=||52.5kg||90|