Tonight one of the most highly-spruiked showdowns of the spring will take place under the lights at Moonee Valley with a crack field of sprinters facing off in the 2011 Manikato Stakes.
The $500,000 Group 1 Manikato Stakes (1200m) final field features eight horses, and for punters wanting to place well-informed bets with the best chance of success, Races.com.au have done the hard work for you.
We have scrolled over the Manikato Stakes 2011 Form Guide for every galloper in contention tonight including easing $2.10 favourite at Luxbet Sepoy and his biggest danger, the firming $2.80 second elect More Joyous.
While these two very different horses are dominating the Manikato Stakes betting, there are still six other rivals ready to put in a big show for the Moonee Valley race fans tonight that could cause an upset result at a juicy price.
Below we have the most concise and useful 2011 Manikato Stakes betting analysis and selections based on the form, historical data and race statistics.
Moonee Valley Race 6 – Manikato Stakes 2011 Form Facts & Betting:
- Last year’s Manikato Stakes winner Hay List jumped from barrier one of eight; #8 Sepoy ($2.10 Luxbet) has come up with the rails run for tonight
- 2009 Manikato Stakes winner Danleigh also started from barrier one
- Hay List won the McEwen Stakes in the lead-up to his Manikato Stakes success 12 months ago; #2 Buffering ($17 Luxbet) won the McEwen Stakes first-up this year and is out to claim the same race double
- Along with Buffering there are two other last-start winners in the race with #5 Sister Madly ($13 Luxbet) and #8 Sepoy
- #8 Sepoy boasts the best Win Percentage of the field, an impressive 87.50%
- The next highest win-rate belongs to #4 More Joyous (73.68%) followed by #7 Kulgrinda (57.14%)
- Working against Sepoy is that only two of the past 19 Manikato Stakes winners were aged three, Sepoy is the only 3YO in contention this year
- 5YO’s boast the best record in the past 10 years with four wins; five-year-olds looking to continue the trend this year are #4 More Joyous ($2.80 Luxbet), #5 Sister Madly and #6 Rue Maple ($81)
- All of these are mares, and mares have won six of the past 10 Manikato Stakes, the other mare in the field this year is #7 Kulgrinda ($15 Luxbet)
- The only horse with form at the Track & Distance is #6 Rue Maple (6-2-2-2)
- #6 Rue Maple (7-2-2-2) is also one of only three horses along with #2 Buffering (1-1-0-0) and #7 Kulgrinda (3-2-0-0) to win at the Moonee Valley track
- Best performers over the distance are #2 Buffering (11-4-3-2), #4 More Joyous (4-3-0-0), #5 Sister Madly (7-3-2-1) and #8 Sepoy (4-3-1-0)
Based on the above, the Races.com.au team’s 2011 Manikato Stakes tips are:
- #4 More Joyous from #8 Sepoy and #6 Rue Maple
Deserved favourites to run one-two but in opposite order, $81 Luxbet roughie Rue Maple adds value and is at incredible odds considering her form.
To back our favourites for the Manikato Stake at the best prices, visit Luxbet today.
Luxbet have a brilliant Refund Bet Offer open on tonight’s Manikato Stakes showdown, where if the horse you have backed runs second you will receive a Refund Bonus Bet up to $250!
2011 Manikato Stakes Form Guide
|1.||HAPPY ZERO||“M, W and J Hawkes||Darren Beadman||2||58.5||7yoG||20||$151,614||15: 8 1 3||53.33%||80.00%||1330×6|
|2.||BUFFERING||R L Heathcote||Damian Browne||3||58.5||4yoG||20||$52,788||17: 8 3 2||47.06%||76.47%||137441|
|3.||ATOMIC FORCE||D P Smith||Damien Oliver||7||58.5||6yoG||20||$21,972||32: 9 6 6||28.13%||65.63%||22×313|
|4.||MORE JOYOUS||Ms G Waterhouse||Nash Rawiller||4||56.5||5yoM||167||$118,224||19: 14 0 1||73.68%||78.95%||11110x|
|5.||SISTER MADLY||J D Sadler||Craig Williams||5||56.5||5yoM||13||$26,841||14: 3 3 3||21.43%||64.29%||0x10x1|
|6.||RUE MAPLE||D K Weir||Michelle Payne||6||56.5||5yoM||20||$14,962||19: 4 6 4||21.05%||73.68%||322262|
|7.||KULGRINDA||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||8||56.5||4yoM||20||$29,440||7: 4 1 0||57.14%||71.43%||24×114|
|8.||SEPOY||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||1||52||3yoC||27||$391,813||8: 7 1 0||87.50%||100.00%||121×11|
Moonee Valley Race 6 – 30/09/2011
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au