Royal Randwick will come to life on Saturday with a crack nine-race programme for Epsom Super Saturday headlined by four elite level showdowns including the Spring Champion Stakes 2011 and below punters will find the best Spring Champion Stakes form guide analysis and betting tips.
Scheduled to run as Randwick Race 6 at 3:20pm (Sydney time), the $400,000 Group 1 Spring Champion Stakes (2000m) originally attracted a final field of 10 but only nine three-year-olds remain in contention following the early scratching of #10 Vittoria.
With one less rival to beat home, the Anthony Cummings-trained favourite Strike The Stars has firmed in their 2011 Spring Champion Stakes odds from $2.90 to $2.60 through Luxbet.
Drawn well in barrier four and coming off a last-start victory in the Group 3 Gloaming Stakes (1800m), Savabeel gelding Strike The Stars certainly deserves their short-price but can they salute for the punters on Saturday?
While following the money is one way to bet, over the long-term punters are better off placing well-informed wagers by studying the form guides and putting money on the horses that stand out when the race fields and statistics are examined.
But we know that going over the entire Spring Champion Stakes 2011 form guide and historical trends is time consuming, so we have done it for you!
See what the Spring Champion Stakes form facts and stats reveal in regards to the horses and their claims to win on Saturday, then see the Races.com.au race tips based on the form findings below.
2011 Spring Champion Stakes Form & Betting Analysis
- Last year’s Spring Champion Stakes winner Erewhon jumped from barrier two with Hugh Bowman aboard; this year #7 Sangster ($34 Luxbet) has drawn gate 2 and race favourite #2 Strike The Stars will be ridden by Bowman
- Erewhon ran second in the Gloaming Stakes leading up to their Spring Champion success; this year #4 Doctor Doom ($7 Luxbet) ran second to Strike The Stars in the Gloaming
- Along with Strike The Stars the other horse to have a former Spring Champion Stakes winning jockey aboard is #5 Rekindled Alliance (Corey Brown)
- #1 Darci Be Good ($5 Luxbet) boasts the best Win Rate of the field with 50% followed by #3 Ambidexter (40%) and #7 Sangster (40%)
- Darci Be Good (Bede Murray) is also one of four horses to be prepared by a former Spring Champion Stakes winning trainer along with #2 Strike The Stars (Anthony Cummings), #3 Ambidexter (Peter Snowden) and #4 Doctor Doom (Guy Walter)
- No filly has won the Spring Champion Stakes in the race’s history, and the only filly accepted this year #10 Vittoria has since been scratched
- Barriers 9 – 12 have been the most successful in the past decade producing three winners; this year the only horse in this gate range is #5 Rekindled Alliance ($7 Luxbet)
- Colts have the best winning record over the past decade with eight winners; there are five colts engaged this year with #1 Darci Be Bood, #3 Ambidexter, #5 Rekindled Alliance, #8 Godspeed and #9 Black Jag
- #1 Darci Be Good (2-1-0-0) is the only Spring Champion Stakes hopeful to have won at the Track and none of the horses have been tested at the distance
Races.com.au Spring Champion Stakes 2011 Tips
- #5 Rekindled Alliance from #2 Strike The Stars and #4 Doctor Doom – Bet now at Luxbet
Want to start betting with $1000 but only put $500 of your own money in? Sounds impossible but thanks to Luxbet and their exclusive Welcome Bonus Bet the impossible is possible this spring racing carnival.
2011 Spring Champion Stakes Field & Form Guide
Randwick Race 6 – 01/10/2011
|1.||DARCI BE GOOD||E B Murray||Nash Rawiller||3||56.5||3yoC||17||$37,117||6: 3 1 1||50.00%||83.33%||21×131|
|2.||STRIKE THE STARS||A J Cummings||Hugh Bowman||4||56.5||3yoG||14||$27,650||6: 1 2 1||16.67%||66.67%||275231|
|3.||AMBIDEXTER||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||7||56.5||3yoC||17||$21,770||5: 2 1 1||40.00%||80.00%||28113|
|4.||DOCTOR DOOM||G H Walter||Rod Quinn||5||56.5||3yoG||14||$14,548||6: 2 1 1||33.33%||66.67%||531812|
|5.||REKINDLED ALLIANCE||Paul Messara||Corey Brown||10||56.5||3yoC||17||$25,283||3: 1 2 0||33.33%||100.00%||122|
|6.||KING’S PACT||David Payne||Christian Reith||1||56.5||3yoG||14||$7,869||8: 1 0 3||12.50%||50.00%||9×3373|
|7.||SANGSTER||T L Busuttin||James Mc Donald (a)||2||56.5||3yoG||14||$8,670||5: 2 1 0||40.00%||60.00%||10128|
|8.||GODSPEED||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||6||56.5||3yoC||12||$7,850||5: 1 3 0||20.00%||80.00%||22×251|
|9.||BLACK JAG||P A Hulbert||Justin P Stanley||8||56.5||3yoC||7||$3,867||9: 1 2 0||11.11%||33.33%||752824|
|10.||VITTORIA||M C Kent||Craig Williams||9||54.5||3yoF||14||$1,889||6: 1 2 0||16.67%||50.00%||012×77|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au