Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
A bumper all black-type programme for Epsom Handicap Day is scheduled to run at Randwick on Saturday, one of the four Group 1 highlights on the card being the Flight Stakes 2011 and here the Races.com.au team take a look at the Flight Stakes field, form guide and betting tips.
The $400,000 Group 1 Coolmore Flight Stakes (1600m) is due to jump as Randwick Race 8 at 4:40pm (Sydney time) on Saturday, 11 classy three-year-old fillies engaged in the race.
This means there are 11 horses to study the form and research on and gauge the claims of.
But never fear, the Races.com.au team have gone through the 2011 Flight Stakes form guide, historical data and race stats and uncovered where the best value bets are at.
What fillies have former Flight Stakes winning jockeys on their backs? Where is the best Flight Stakes barrier draw to jump from? Do Flight Stakes betting favourites Pane In The Glass and Streama deserve their $3.80 price at Luxbet, or is there a longer-priced hope that pops out when the field and form is put under the microscope?
The answers to all of these questions as well as our exclusive Flight Stakes 2011 tips to back through Luxbet can be found below.
Flight Stakes 2011 Form Facts & Betting Stats –
- Secret Admirer won the Flight Stakes 12 months ago from barrier 11 after running third in the Reginald Allen Quality; on Saturday #5 Dowager Queen ($11 Luxbet) is drawn in gate 11 and #11 Choice Words ($21 Luxbet) ran a placing in the Reginald Allen last-start
- There are two last-start winners in the field with #2 Streama ($3.80 Luxbet) coming off a win in the Group 2 Tea Rose Stakes (1500m) at Rosehill on September 17 and #6 Tai Tai Tess ($15 Luxbet) having won the Listed Morphettville Guineas (1600m) on September 10
- The filly boasting the best Win Rate is #6 Tai Tai Tess (66.67%) followed by #2 Streama (42.86%) and #1 Pane In The Glass (40%)
- The David Payne-trained Florentina ($10 Luxbet) is the only filly prepared by a former Flight Stakes winning trainer
- #4 Florentina (Corey Brown) is also one of four fillies to be ridden by a previous Flight Stakes winning jockey along with #2 Streama (Hugh Bowman), #5 Dowager Queen (Chris Munce) and #8 Houston Benefactor (Nash Rawiller)
- #1 Pane In The Glass (1-0-1-0) is the only filly to have placed at the Track & Distance
- Favourites Pane In The Glass (3-1-1-1) and Streama are also the only Flight Stakes hopes to have won at Randwick before
Randwick Race 8 Tips:
- Flight Stakes Trifecta Bet – #2 Streama from #1 Pane In The Glass and #6 Tai Tai Tess
Want to lock in our insider Flight Stakes betting tips at the best prices and have access to a generous 2nd Place $250 Refund Bet Offer? Sign up with Luxbet now and get all this and more, including a $500 welcome bonus bet simply by quoting the promo code BONUSBET when you make your first deposit at Luxbet this spring carnival!
2011 Flight Stakes Form Guide & Field
Randwick Race 8 – 01/10/2011
|1.||PANE IN THE GLASS||John Thompson||Joao Moreira||1||56||3yoF||14||$66,925||10: 4 3 2||40.00%||90.00%||32×142|
|2.||STREAMA||G H Walter||Hugh Bowman||10||56||3yoF||14||$45,436||7: 3 2 1||42.86%||85.71%||61×311|
|3.||HALLOWELL BELLE||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||6||56||3yoF||14||$45,218||7: 1 5 1||14.29%||100.00%||2×1222|
|4.||FLORENTINA||David Payne||Corey Brown||5||56||3yoF||14||$26,300||6: 1 3 1||16.67%||83.33%||5×1223|
|5.||DOWAGER QUEEN||G A Rogerson||Chris Munce||11||56||3yoF||14||$9,093||13: 4 1 4||30.77%||69.23%||114416|
|6.||TAI TAI TESS||R W Smerdon||Craig Newitt||8||56||3yoF||21||$15,048||6: 4 0 1||66.67%||83.33%||031111|
|7.||ROMA GIACONDA||D A Hayes||Steven Arnold||7||56||3yoF||7||$21,700||3: 1 2 0||33.33%||100.00%||212|
|8.||HOUSTON BENEFACTOR||A J Cummings||Nash Rawiller||2||56||3yoF||14||$7,144||8: 1 1 2||12.50%||50.00%||35×165|
|9.||ICE BABY||P and W Webster||Brad Pengelly||4||56||3yoF||14||$3,480||8: 0 2 0||0.00%||25.00%||54×290|
|10.||SHADOW WEST||A J Cummings||James Mc Donald (a)||3||56||3yoF||7||$5,085||7: 1 0 1||14.29%||28.57%||59×915|
|11.||CHOICE WORDS||David Vandyke||Blake Spriggs (a)||9||56||3yoF||7||$12,700||2: 0 2 0||0.00%||100.00%||22|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.