The Chris Waller trained two year ods The...
With all the attention focused on Caulfield Guineas hopes Smart Missile in the Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes and Helmet in the Guineas Prelude at Caulfield tomorrow, the 2011 Testa Rossa Stakes has slipped under the radar but there is plenty of value to found in the betting for this sprint showdown.
The $100,000 Listed Testa Rossa Stakes (1200m) is scheduled to jump at 4:20pm (local time) as Caulfield Race 7 on Saturday, the bookies unable to find a clear favourite with seven of the 12 horses in the race at single-figure odds to win through Luxbet.
Testa Rossa Stakes 2011 Betting Favourites:
- #1 First Command ($5.50 Luxbet) – Drawn ideally in barrier four, but is the 59kg topweight so Anthony Freedman’s Commands six-year-old gives weight to classy rivals. Ran a promising first-up fifth to Buffering (beaten 1.6 lengths) over 1000m at the Valley on September 10 and will be better over 1200m. Has won over the track and distance in the Listed Cleary Stakes back in January with the same weight and from a horror barrier 10 draw. Include in all exotics.
- #5 Shrapnel ($7 into $5.50 Luxbet) – Mark Kavanagh-trained four-year-old is Group 1 placed and a Group 2 winner, but has had just one run at Caulfield when fifth to Toorak Toff last August. Punters have crunched them in fixed odds betting making them the market mover, they are nicely weighted (55.5kg) and have a flawless second-up record (three wins from three attempts).
Others Under $10 in Testa Rossa Stakes Odds:
- #9 Chosen To Fly ($6 Luxbet) – Boasts the second highest Win Rate (42.86%) behind First Command (45%) this classy Choisir grey looked good over the 1100m when third behind Atomic Force at the track on August 27 but jockey change awaits with Glen Boss ruled out
- #10 Irish Dream ($6 Luxbet) – Moody factor for this ultra consistent mare who hasn’t finished outside the top two since April, imposing form over the distance (13 starts for five wins and three minor placings)
- #11 Speediness ($7 Luxbet) – 100% Place Rate makes this Colin Scott-trained four-year-old a very attractive inclusion for the exotics, bet for the superstitious punters too as they are a son of the race’s namesake – Testa Rossa, and has form against the best in the business having run a brave second to dual Group 1 winner Sincero last-start at Scone over the mile, distance just short of their liking but they have won over it on debut last August from barrier 11, the same gate they have drawn for Saturday, and is being aimed at the Emirate Stakes (1600m) during the Melbourne Cup Carnival
- #2 Phelan Ready ($9 Luxbet) – Highest earner of the field is overdue, well overdue, for a win as they haven’t seen the inside of the winner’s stall since their 2009 Golden Slipper triumph, looked ready for a form return with their fourth to Lone Rock at Flemington over 1200m on September 3
Looking at the above form on the Testa Rossa Stakes main contenders, the Races.com.au Testa Rossa Stakes First Four Tips are:
- #Phelan Ready from #11 Speediness, #5 Shrapnel and #9 Chosen To Fly
Head to our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet now to get in on the Caulfield race and betting action ahead of Saturday’s meeting and remember if you are a new customer to quote the codeword BONUSBET when making your first deposit for a $400 bonus bet!
Testa Rossa Stakes 2011 Odds
|1||FIRST COMMAND (4)||5.50|
|2||PHELAN READY (5)||9.00|
|3||ZEDI KNIGHT (6)||26.00|
|4||DOUBTFUL JACK (2)||13.00|
|7||LA ROCKET (3)||61.00|
|8||MISS GAI FLYER (10)||16.00|
|9||CHOSEN TO FLY (8)||6.00|
|10||IRISH DREAMS (9)||6.00|
*Fixed Win Odds provided by Luxbet and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.