Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
With early Caulfield Guineas 2011 favourite Smart Missile racing in Saturday’s elite level Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes at Caulfield, a crack field of fellow Guineas-bound three-year-olds will face off in the Caulfield Guineas Prelude and below are the Races.com.au team’s insider tips and form on the feature.
Running as Caulfield Race 5 at 3:00pm (local time), the $175,000 Group 3 Caulfield Guineas Prelude (1400m) has 12 contenders still in contention after the early withdrawal of #11 Sabrage.
Caulfield Guineas Prelude betting at Luxbet is dominated by two gallopers with dual Group 1 winner Helmet the easing $3.10 favourite.
Peter Moody’s last-start McNeil Stakes winner at the track, Golden Archer, is hot on their heels as the firming $3.90 second elect in the Guineas Prelude odds.
Punters are also warming to the ideally-drawn Chase The Rainbow who from barrier two presents some sort of threat and is paying $5.50 for an upset win.
Value picks in the classy field include the untapped That’s The One who has drifted out from $8.50 to $9.50 in the Prelude markets and promising Mossman colt Absalon who is starting to see some love from the punters having been backed in from $26 to $21.
As you can see the race is shaping up as a relatively open betting affair for punters, so below the Races.com.au crew have provided a rundown on the Caulfield Guineas Prelude betting odds, market movers and form selections so you can get the most out of your Caulfield wagers tomorrow.
Caulfield Race 5 Betting –Caulfield Guineas Prelude Form and Tips
- #1 Helmet is the easing favourite out from $2.50 – $3.10 at Luxbet
- #3 Golden Archer is the market firmer in from $5 – $3.90 at Luxbet
- Last year’s Caulfield Guineas Prelude winner Anacheeva, who went on to take out the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas at their next start, was ridden by Luke Nolen from barrier one
- Luke Nolen will this year ride #3 Golden Archer (barrier four) while $41 long-shot #2 Running Tall has drawn the inside alley
- #10 That’s The One is the only horse with a 100% Win Rate in the race, undefeated in their two starts to date
- The next highest winning percentage is shared by #3 Golden Archer, #4 Specter and #5 Absalon (66.67%)
- No horse in the field has run at the track and distance
- Horses to have run and won over the distance are #1 Helmet (2-1-0-1), #Running Tall (2-1-0-0), #4 Specter (1-1-0-0) and #10 That’s The One (1-1-0-0)
- Boasting the best record at the track are #3 Golden Archer (4-2-1-1), #7 Grand Britannia (4-0-1-1), #2 Running Tall (2-0-1-0) and #12 Cross Of Gold (1-0-1-0)
Based on the above Caulfield Guineas Prelude Form Facts & Stats the Races.com.au tips are:
- To Win: #3 Golden Archer paying $3.90 through Luxbet
- 2nd: #1 Helmet
- 3rd: #10 That’s The One
- Exotic Pick or Roughie Upset: #2 Running Tall – Over the odds after drifting out from $21 to $41 at Luxbet
So don’t delay, get in on the Caulfield Guineas Prelude betting action today by heading to our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet.
Luxbet offer punters the premium Saturday racing odds on every metro meet with their ‘Best of the Best’ markets and if you are a new depositing player, quote the promo code BONUSBET to be instantly rewarded with a $400 bonus bet!
The Age Caulfield Guineas 2011 Form Guide
Caulfield Race 5 24/09/2011
|1.||HELMET||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||6||58.5||3yoC||14||$112,829||7: 4 0 3||57.14%||100.00%||111×33|
|2.||RUNNING TALL||D T O’brien||Mark Zahra||1||57.5||3yoC||21||$30,313||8: 1 1 1||12.50%||37.50%||109×66|
|3.||GOLDEN ARCHER||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||4||57||3yoC||28||$45,433||9: 6 1 1||66.67%||88.89%||114×21|
|4.||SPECTER||Anthony Freedman||Nicholas Hall||5||56.5||3yoC||21||$31,475||3: 2 1 0||66.67%||100.00%||1×21|
|5.||ABSALON||Jason Mclachlan||Brad Rawiller||11||56.5||3yoC||21||$25,167||3: 2 0 0||66.67%||66.67%||116|
|6.||ISOPACH||John Thompson||Not Notified||12||56||3yoG||21||$9,729||7: 1 0 1||14.29%||28.57%||7513×0|
|7.||GRAND BRITANNIA||R E Laing||Dwayne Dunn||7||55||3yoC||21||$19,434||8: 1 1 2||12.50%||50.00%||483×37|
|8.||SECRET HILLS||M G Price||Craig Newitt||3||55||3yoG||21||$20,605||5: 2 0 2||40.00%||80.00%||8×1133|
|9.||CHASE THE RAINBOW||R G Hore-lacy||Dean Yendall||2||55||3yoC||21||$34,047||4: 2 1 0||50.00%||75.00%||0112|
|10.||THAT’S THE ONE||C and C Alderson||Craig Williams||8||55||3yoG||49||$30,532||2: 2 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||11|
|11.||SABRAGE||M D Moroney||Lisa Cropp||9||55||3yoC||21||$16,108||3: 1 0 0||33.33%||33.33%||1×04|
|12.||CROSS OF GOLD||D A Hayes||Damien Oliver||10||55||3yoC||28||$14,663||2: 1 1 0||50.00%||100.00%||12|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.