Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
All eyes will be on Caulfield Racecourse this Saturday with the 2011 Underwood Stakes taking centre stage as not only the chief race of the weekend, but as one of the key Caulfield and Melbourne Cup lead-ups, and for fans wanting to know where the money is at, the Underwood form guide is the best place to turn for the best betting tips and selections.
There are 14 genuine contenders still engaged for the $350,000 Group 1 Underwood Stakes (1800m) this year after the early withdrawal of Maluckyday, and while looking at the odds at Luxbet will tell you which horse is the punters’ pick, it won’t tell you the best horse to pick.
All real race fans know that watching the odds is one thing, but knowing the form is the only serious way to make money off your horse race betting.
To take the hard work out of the selecting which runners to back in this year’s Underwood Stakes 2011 field, the Races.com.au have done the research for you.
After scrolling the form guide and historical data we have compiled a list of fast facts that will tell you all you need to know when betting on the Underwood.
From hard numbers such as which horse boasts the highest winning percentage to more superstitious stats including info on winning barriers and jockeys, we have everything covered for you just like Luxbet have all your Underwood Stakes betting needs covered once you’re ready to get in on the action.
Races.com.au 2011 Underwood Stakes Form Analysis and Tips:
- $4.60 Luxbet favourite #14 Lights Of Heaven boasts the best Win Rate of the field with an impressive 66.67%
- #13 Scarlett Lady ($6.50 Luxbet) follows on 54.55%
- Two top Win Rates belong to mares, but no mare has won the Underwood Stakes since Tristarc (1985)
- There are no last-start winners in the field but the last horses to win a race were #7 Glass Harmonium and #13 Scarlett Lady (June 4, Eagle Farm)
- Last year’s Underwood Stakes winner So You Think jumped from barrier two with Steve Arnold aboard; this year #5 Midas Touch ($11 Luxbet) is in gate 2 and #6 Precedence ($17 Luxbet) has Arnold in the mount
- Most successful Underwood Stakes jockey is Danny Nikolic with four wins since 1997, Nikolic rides #15 Southern Speed ($26) on Saturday
- 4YO’s have the best record over the past decade (five wins); four-year-olds in the Underwood this year are horses #8 – #15 (eight in total – one stallion, two geldings and five mares)
- The most prevalent sex for recent Underwood Stakes winners is geldings; there are seven geldings in this year’s race
- Combining the above two stats, 4YO’s geldings this year are #9 Playing God ($10 Luxbet) and #10 Right Of Refusal ($151 Luxbet)
- The Makybe Diva Stakes has been the best guide to the Underwood in recent years providing seven of the past 11 winners; horses coming via the race this year are Glass Harmonium (2nd), Midas Touch (3rd), Playing God (4th), Lights Of Heaven (5th) and Mater O’Reilly (11th)
- Shorter-priced contenders have a good record with Rubiscent ($41 in 2008) the only since 1998 to win at odds great than $10; single-figure horses in the Underwood betting this year are #7 Glass Harmonium ($4.60), #14 Lights Of Heaven ($4.60),#3 Heart Of Dreams ($5.50) and #13 Scarlett Lady ($6.50)
- Horses with the best record at the Underwood Track & Distance are Heart Of Dreams (4-2-1-0) and Precedence (2-0-2-0)
- Over 1800 metres the best performers are Heart Of Dreams (5-2-1-0), Glass Harmonium (3-0-2-0), Playing God (2-2-0-0)
- So You Think (2010) was the only second-up Underwood Stakes winner since Almaarad (1989); horses looking to win the Underwood second-up this year are Heart Of Dreams, Lion Tamer and Shamrocker
- Of those, Shamrocker has the best second-up record
Based on the above the Races.com.au Team’s 2011 Underwood Stakes Betting Selections are:
- #3 Heart Of Dreams from #9 Playing God and #7 Glass Harmonium
The experts agree with Mr Andy from Luxbet also tipping Heart Of Dreams for the win.
“Heart Of Dreams has won this race previously (2009) and carries solid form at this track,” Mr Andy told Races.com.au.
“He resuemd with a close second to King’s Rose who has franked the form by winning last week.
“That form line is superior than his rivals for mine which makes him clear top elect.”
So don’t waste money betting on just any old horse, bet on the winner by using the Underwood Stakes form guide facts to your advantage.
Ready to get your Caulfield race bets down? Head over to our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet and open your first account with them, make an initial deposit and if you enter the codeword BONUSBET when prompted you will be rewarded with a bonus welcome bet valued up to $400!
Underwood Stakes 2011 Form Guide
Caulfield Race 7 – 17/09/2011
|1.||EFFICIENT||Robert Hickmott||Steven King||4||59||8yoG||714||$227,676||20: 7 0 0||35.00%||35.00%||0x591x|
|2.||MASTER O’REILLY||Ms J Mawer||Matthew Allen||1||59||9yoG||14||$64,900||46: 8 3 6||17.39%||36.96%||8580×0|
|3.||HEART OF DREAMS||M G Price||Damien Oliver||14||59||6yoG||21||$60,578||27: 6 7 4||22.22%||62.96%||1834×2|
|4.||MALUCKYDAY||“M, W and J Hawkes||Dwayne Dunn||9||59||5yoG||14||$97,785||13: 5 2 2||38.46%||69.23%||x447x8|
|5.||MIDAS TOUCH||Robert Hickmott||Nicholas Hall||2||59||5yoH||14||$95,826||12: 2 3 2||16.67%||58.33%||20×003|
|6.||PRECEDENCE||J B Cummings||Steven Arnold||10||59||6yoG||21||$29,276||28: 6 4 1||21.43%||39.29%||x025x6|
|7.||GLASS HARMONIUM||M D Moroney||Lisa Cropp||12||59||6yoH||14||$34,820||17: 4 4 2||23.53%||58.82%||x23122|
|8.||LION TAMER||M P Baker||Michael Rodd||6||58||4yoH||21||$90,595||12: 5 1 1||41.67%||58.33%||7521×4|
|9.||PLAYING GOD||N D Parnham||Steven Parnham||15||58||4yoG||14||$63,292||16: 6 4 3||37.50%||81.25%||322×24|
|10.||RIGHT OF REFUSAL||N A Blackiston||Michael Walker||11||58||4yoG||21||$14,412||12: 3 2 1||25.00%||50.00%||1210×0|
|11.||SHAMROCKER||D T O’brien||Glen Boss||5||56||4yoM||21||$140,421||14: 4 2 2||28.57%||57.14%||1312×8|
|12.||BRAZILIAN PULSE||M D Moroney||Craig Newitt||8||56||4yoM||14||$94,628||12: 5 2 2||41.67%||75.00%||138×00|
|13.||SCARLETT LADY||G A Rogerson||James Mc Donald (a)||7||56||4yoM||21||$41,563||11: 6 2 0||54.55%||72.73%||111117|
|14.||LIGHTS OF HEAVEN||P G Moody||Ben Melham||3||56||4yoM||14||$69,198||6: 4 1 0||66.67%||83.33%||111×25|
|15.||SOUTHERN SPEED||L Macdonald and A Gluyas||Danny Nikolic||13||56||4yoM||7||$30,150||9: 3 1 1||33.33%||55.56%||23×004|
*Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.