This Saturday a bumper day’s racing will light up Caulfield Racecourse with Underwood Stakes Day setting the stage for the upcoming spring majors, one of the headline races of the day being the Thousand Guineas Prelude 2011 where an upset result could be on the cards.
Looking at the Thousand Guineas Prelude form and history, punters that love a roughie bet at Luxbet will be taking note of the fact that four of the past 10 Thousand Guineas Prelude winners jumped at starting odds of $17 or better.
Tomorrow the $125,000 Group 3 Schweppes Thousand Guineas Prelude (1400m) will be contested by a capacity field of three-year-old fillies and while there are three hopefuls at single figure odds to win that are dominating the markets, here we take a look at a few roughies that could have you cleaning up with Luxbet!
Thousand Guineas Prelude 2011 betting favourites are:
- #4 Celebrity Girl ($3.60 Luxbet): Mark Kavanagh-trained Starcraft filly unbeaten from two career starts, ultra impressive a fortnight ago when drew away to win a Listed 1100m at Flemington by nearly three lengths, has the form and the draw but distance a query
- #8 Hallowell Belle ($3.50 Luxbet): From draw five this Moody-trained filly (also by Starcraft) should get a nice run, has form at elite level in open company (2nd to Sepoy in the Blue Diamond Stakes) and comes off two close seconds this season including behind Sepoy last-start in the Group 2 Danehill Stakes, could finally be her time
- #7 Mosheen ($4.80 Luxbet): Golden Slipper runner-up needs to improve on their last-start fifth in the Danehill but back to own company should do just that and shouldn’t get out sprinted here with the extra 200 metres
Outside Fillies at $17 or more in Thousand Guineas Prelude Odds for an upset:
- #1 Bliss Street ($26 Luxbet): Boasts the highest win rate of the roughies with 42.86%, WA filly with form at Ascot and Belmont but failed first-up at Moonee Valley last Saturday, Rosehill should suit better, don’t rule out of a place
- #13 Cruical ($21 Luxbet): Anthony Freedman’s consistent Nadeem filly has the ideal gate (3), comes off a strong win at Ballarat over 1400 metres making her one of the only in the field with form over the distance
- #10 Detours ($16 Luxbet): Is just under the $17 in betting but look at these stats, has a 50% Win Rate and 100% Place Rate, comes from the stables of Peter Snowden (who won the race 12 months ago with Divorces) is drawn wide but has class to overcome and was a big run from her last-start when third in the Group 2 Furious Stakes over 1400 metres at Warwick Farm, definite pick
Races.com.au Thousand Guineas Prelude Tip:
- #8 Hallowell Belle from #4 Celebrity Girl and #10 Detours
To get in on the Thousand Guineas Prelude betting action and check out the markets for all of Saturday’s races both at Rosehill and at Caulfield, visit Luxbet now and open your new account with Australia’s favourite bookmaker.
2011 Thousand Guineas Prelude Odds
|1||BLISS STREET (11)||26.00|
|2||TRIPLE ASSET (15)||101.00|
|3||MANHATTAN MAID (1)||21.00|
|4||CELEBRITY GIRL (2)||3.60|
|6||EMERALD DOWNS (12)||21.00|
|8||HALLOWELL BELLE (5)||3.50|
|11||JESSICA ROSE (16)||51.00|
|14||PENINSULA DANE (6)||101.00|
|15||CLASSIC ELLE (4)||12.00|
|17||OUR MISS JONES (7)||17.00|
*Fixed Win Odds from Luxbet – subject to change