Recently inducted Hall Of Fame trainer Chris...
Rosehill racing this Saturday is headlined by a blockbuster battle of the three-year-olds with the 2011 Golden Rose set to take centre stage, but while the Rose drew a field of just six another of the day’s features boasts a full field of talent with the 2011 Sebring Sprint to be contested by 14 classy gallopers.
The $200,000 Group 2 Sebring Sprint (1300m), formerly the Theo Marks Stakes, has this year attracted one of the best line-ups in recent years, betting on the race lead by Randwick Guineas winner Ilovethiscity.
Drawn ideally in barrier two for the sprint showdown, the Grahame Begg-trained Magic Albert four-year-old is second-up after a brave second to Pinwheel in the Group 2 Warwick Stakes (1400m) at Warwick Farm on August 20.
Ilovethiscity has a nice Rosehill race record having run third in the Golden Rose last year and won the Group 2 Hobartville Stakes here back in February.
Jockey Brenton Avdulla has put his Sebring Sprint tip in for Ilovethiscity and so too have the punters who have backed them in from $3.80 to $3.70 in the Rosehill Race 6 odds at Luxbet.
But with four other hopefuls at single-figure odds in the markets, Group 1 performers a plenty and a number of unknowns also out to prove their spring claims, there is value to be found by looking at the facts, historical stats and 2011 Sebring Sprint Form Guide.
Sebring Sprint 2011 Tips & Form Guide Analysis –
- Widely drawn runners Fast Clip (10) and Torio’s Quest (11) are the market firmers in from $7 to $6.50 at Luxbet, barriers 9 – 12 have produced the most number of Sebring Sprint winners in the past decade
- Other runners drawn within this range are Older Than Time (9) and Bay Window (12) both long-shots in the betting paying $81 and $101 respectively
- Gai Waterhouse won the Sebring last year with More Joyous and has three chances of going back-to-back with Fast Clip ($6.50), Lorne Dancer ($31) and Older Than Time ($81)
- There are only two last-start winners in the field with Pinwheel ($5) & Foreteller ($8), the later going for their fourth on the trot
- Torio’s Quest has the best Win Rate with 50%, followed by Master Of Design & Fast Clip on 45.45%
- 4YO’s have won five of the past 10 editions of the race, there are four four-year-olds engaged this year with Ilovethiscity, Pressday, Torio’s Quest and Fast Clip
Based on the above, the Races.com.au tip for the Sebring Sprint Trifecta is:
- #9 Torious Quest from #2 Ilovethiscity and #10 Fastclip
To back our tips at the best price, or lock in your own Rosehill race selections, visit Luxbet now.
2011 Sebring Sprint Form Guide
Rosehill Race 6 – 10/09/2011 – 4:00pm (local)
|1.||PINWHEEL||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||7||59||6yoG||21||$33,850||24: 10 8 3||41.67%||87.50%||133131|
|2.||ILOVETHISCITY||G M Begg||Brenton Avdulla||2||58||4yoH||21||$59,236||14: 4 3 1||28.57%||57.14%||1155×2|
|3.||TRIPLE HONOUR||C J Waller||Hugh Bowman||14||57.5||7yoG||98||$48,671||45: 7 6 5||15.56%||40.00%||39666x|
|4.||FORETELLER||C J Waller||Corey Brown||4||55||5yoG||28||$18,568||15: 6 0 1||40.00%||46.67%||397111|
|5.||LORNE DANCER||Ms G Waterhouse||Tommy Berry||1||55||7yoG||168||$20,004||20: 8 4 1||40.00%||65.00%||59740x|
|6.||VOICE COMMANDER||N J Olive||Kathy O’Hara||5||54.5||7yoG||112||$17,113||42: 12 6 3||28.57%||50.00%||71110x|
|7.||OLDER THAN TIME||Ms G Waterhouse||Glyn Schofield||9||53.5||5yoM||140||$20,878||11: 5 4 0||45.45%||81.82%||11142x|
|8.||PRESSDAY||C J Waller||Jimmy Cassidy||3||53||4yoH||28||$70,617||12: 5 0 1||41.67%||50.00%||x805x7|
|9.||TORIO’S QUEST||B A Partelle||Glen Boss||11||53||4yoG||91||$85,165||10: 5 0 0||50.00%||50.00%||86401x|
|10.||FAST CLIP||Ms G Waterhouse||Chris Munce||10||52.5||4yoG||140||$27,662||11: 5 3 0||45.45%||72.73%||21215x|
|11.||BAY WINDOW||Ms G Markwell||Jeff Penza||12||52||7yoG||14||$10,596||26: 6 8 0||23.08%||53.85%||0x6097|
|12.||LONE COMMAND||“M, W and J Hawkes||Nathan Berry||13||52||7yoG||196||$10,286||23: 6 5 1||26.09%||52.17%||11214x|
|13.||PRINCE BRAEMAN||P M Perry||Jay Ford||6||52||7yoG||7||$10,844||41: 9 7 3||21.95%||46.34%||403709|
|14.||MASTER OF DESIGN||David Payne||Christian Reith||8||52||6yoH||28||$15,228||11: 5 1 2||45.45%||72.73%||0x1x19|
*Form Guide credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.