High quality mare Prompt Response is in the mix...
Tomorrow the $500,000 Group 1 Rosehill Guineas (2000m) will take place as the feature event on a top nine-race programme at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse and here the Races.com.au team provide our readers with the best 2011 Rosehill Guineas Form Guide & Betting Preview.
Running as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:10pm (AEDST) tomorrow, the 2011 Rosehill Guineas field currently features 13 top three-year-olds.
Consistent Kiwi colt Jimmy Choux is the firming favourite to become the Rosehill Guineas winner now sitting at a quote of $3.60 through Luxbet after punters backed him in from his opening price of $3.90.
Always seeking the best value in the betting markets for our readers, the Races.com.au team have taken a long hard look at the Rosehill Guineas line-up including the recent form and career statistics on all the runners to see which of Jimmy Choux’s rivals have claims to cause an upset.
It is a classy field of competitors New Zealand Derby winner Jimmy Choux faces tomorrow in his Australian horse racing debut.
Horses out to beat home Jimmy Choux in the Rosehill Guineas this year include 2010 Caulfield Guineas winner Anacheeva, last start winner of the Alister Clark Stakes Domesky and AJC Australian Derby betting favourite Absolutelyawesome.
Below is our exclusive Rosehill Guineas 2011 Betting Preview detailing the relevant facts and stats revealed in the Rosehill Race 7 form guide.
Does the favourite have the form to win? Which runners represent the best value in the Place markets and what does the Rosehill Guineas history tell punters?
Check out the best Rosehill Guineas form-based betting tips below and to lock in your picks at the best price, head to Luxbet!
Rosehill Guineas 2011 Form Guide Betting Facts & Tips
- #2 Jimmy Choux boasts the best Win Rate of the field with 56%, one of the reasons he is the $3.60 favourite to win at Luxbet
- Jimmy Choux is also the highest earner in the Rosehill Guineas having amassed $1,729,470 in prize money to date
- The next most consistent runner is #1 Anacheeva ($16 Luxbet) with a Win Rate of 44%
- Anacheeva is also drawn in barrier one, the gate that Zabrasive jumped from to win the 2010 Rosehill Guineas 12 months ago
- There are three last-start winners facing off with #2 Jimmy Choux, #7 Domesky ($26 Luxbet)
- Australian Guineas winner Shamrocker is also the only filly in the field meaning she meets her rivals 2kg better in the weights set to carry 54.5kg
- #9 Light Brigade ($6.50 Luxbet) has Nash Rawiller in the mount, the jockey who rode last year’s Rosehill Guineas winner Zabrasive to victory, and is prepared by last year’s winning trainer Gai Waterhouse
- Other horses with a previous Rosehill Guineas winning jockey aboard tomorrow are #5 Masquerader (Hug Bowman), #6 Praecido (Corey Brown) and #10 Absolutelyawesome (Glenn Boss)
- Light Brigade ran third in the Randwick Guineas last start, which is the race Zabrasive ran fourth in before his Rosehill Guineas win last year
- The only other runner prepared by a previous Rosehill Guineas winning trainer is the Graeme Rogerson-trained Shootoff ($71 Luxbet)
- Other runners backing up from a run in the Randwick Guineas are #10 Absolutelyawesome (4th), #6 Praecido (6th), #4 Retrieve (7th) and #11 Shootoff (9th)
- Horses with the best record over the Rosehill Guineas distance of 2000m are #4 Retrieve (2-1-1-0) and #7 Domesky (1-1-0-0)
Think you’ve picked the Rosehill Guineas winner and placegetters after reading our betting guide?
Check out more details on the field in the below Rosehill Guineas 2011 Form Guide and then head over to Luxbet for the best Rosehill Guineas odds and betting markets.
2011 Rosehill Guineas Field & Form Guide
Rosehill Race 7 – 26/03/2011
|1||ANACHEEVA||P G MOODY||G SCHOFIELD||1||56.5||3yo||$814,275.00||9:4-0-0||44%||0%||111×706|
|2||JIMMY CHOUX||J G BARY||J K RIDDELL||6||56.5||3yo||$1,729,470.00||16:9-3-2||56%||31%||101111|
|3||PRESSDAY||C J WALLER||CRAIG WILLIAMS||10||56.5||3yo||$846,400.00||11:5-0-1||45%||9%||1x01x805|
|4||RETRIEVE||PETER SNOWDEN||K MC EVOY||11||56.5||3yo||$538,763.00||11:4-2-3||36%||45%||1213×27|
|5||MASQUERADER||DAVID PAYNE||J BOWMAN||4||56.5||3yo||$340,800.00||8:2-1-1||25%||25%||2753×64|
|6||PRAECIDO||DAVID PAYNE||C W BROWN||13||56.5||3yo||$384,750.00||16:1-2-2||6%||25%||332×056|
|7||DOMESKY||M C KENT||NICHOLAS HALL||12||56.5||3yo||$237,113.00||10:2-3-3||20%||60%||7x2x2141|
|8||HE’S REMARKABLE||R A JAMES||M RODD||9||56.5||3yo||$156,052.00||8:2-1-1||25%||25%||12×5309|
|9||LIGHT BRIGADE||MS G WATERHOUSE||N RAWILLER||5||56.5||3yo||$111,350.00||7:2-1-2||29%||43%||123×773|
|M D MORONEY||G BOSS||7||56.5||3yo||$50,125.00||6:1-0-1||17%||17%||1387×54|
|11||SHOOTOFF||G A ROGERSON||R M QUINN||3||56.5||3yo||$57,750.00||11:1-0-1||9%||9%||359×649|
|12||DON’T PUT IT THERE||J & G LEE||B PENGELLY||14||56.5||3yo||$1,600.00||4:0-0-1||0%||25%||9593|
|13||DUCARIUS||P M PERRY||C REITH||2||56.5||3yo||$1,200.00||5:0-0-0||0%||0%||99484|
|14||SHAMROCKER||D T O’BRIEN||D OLIVER||8||54.5||3yo||$872,388.00||10:3-1-1||30%||20%||8302×41|
*Rosehill Race 7 Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.