Victorian sprinter Moss ‘N‘ Dale is making a...
The $500,000 Group 1 Rosehill Guineas (2000m) is running at Rosehill Gardens tomorrow and hot favourite in the betting markets for the autumn feature is remarkable Kiwi colt Jimmy Choux, but can the favourite bring his New Zealand form to our shores and become the 2011 Rosehill Guineas winner?
At the top of the Rosehill Guineas odds at our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet, Jimmy Choux is currently paying $3.60 to win Rosehill Race 7 at 4:10pm (AEDST) tomorrow.
Having won four consecutive Group races back home since Christmas, John Bary’s impressive Thorn Park colt Jimmy Choux has been consistently backed in the Rosehill Guineas betting.
He has the form, a Group 1 win in the New Zealand Derby last start, nice form over the distance and a favourable barrier draw tomorrow which is why Aussie punters are jumping on the Jimmy Choux bandwagon.
But can Jimmy Choux salute for the punters in his Australian race debut or will one of his Aussie rivals get the better of the AJC Australian Derby prospect?
If you fancy Jimmy Choux to win, now is the time to back him in the Rosehill Guineas markets at Luxbet before his price firms further as you will discover below!
Why Jimmy Choux Will Become the 2011 Rosehill Guineas Winner
– Best form of his rivals coming off four straight wins
– Boasts the best Win Rate of 56%
– Is the highest earner in the field having won over $1.7 million in prize money
– Group 1 winner last start so has elite level experience
– Unbeaten over the distance having won his only 2000m start in the Group 3 Waikato Guineas on February 5
– Regular rider Jonathan Riddell has travelled over for the ride
– Impressed with his trackwork at Warwick Farm earlier in the week
– Loves the wet so if track is Slow or worse his chances improve even more, but can run on any ground and run well
Why Jimmy Choux Can be Beaten in an Upset 2011 Rosehill Guineas Result
– Yet to race in Australia
– Jockey has no experience here
– Kiwi-trained horses have a poor record in the Rosehill Guineas
– The last horse to win the New Zealand Derby / Rosehill Guineas double was Surfers Paradise (1991)
– Seven have tried since and failed, so history is against
2011 Rosehill Guineas Form
Horse #2 Jimmy Choux
(by Thorn Park from Cierzo)
- Barrier: 6
- Weight: 56.5kg
- Trainer: John Bary
- Jockey: Jonathan Riddell
- Prize Money: $1,729,470
- Career: 16-9-3-2
- 2000m: 1-1-0-0
- Win %: 56%
- Place %: 31%
- Current Rosehill Guineas Odds: $3.60 – Bet now at Luxbet
Get Jimmy Choux at the best Rosehill Guineas price now at leading online bookmaker Luxbet.
If the favourite’s form is not enough to impress you and fancy an upset in tomorrow’s feature showdown, Luxbet also have you covered offering the hottest odds on the rest of the Rosehill Guineas field.
Jimmy Choux Form Past Five Starts
|Pos.||Track||Date||Dist.||Track Con.||Class||Jockey (Br.)||Wgt.||Odds||Winner||Margin||Win. Time|
|1 – 16||ELLS||5/03/2011||2400||Very Heavy||3G1||J K RIDDELL (6)||56||$2.3||JIMMY CHOUX||–||158.35|
|1 – 11||TE R||5/02/2011||2000||Fast||3G3||J K RIDDELL (6)||56||$2.43||JIMMY CHOUX||–||121.19|
|1 – 12||TREN||22/01/2011||1600||Dead||3G3||J K RIDDELL (3)||56||$2.11||JIMMY CHOUX||–||97.01|
|1 – 10||ELLS||26/12/2010||1600||Good||3G2||J K RIDDELL (3)||56||$2.8||JIMMY CHOUX||–||93.53|
|15 – 15||OTAK||26/11/2010||1600||Good||U||J K RIDDELL (11)||56||$4.5||WE CAN SAY IT NOW||53.1L||94.27|
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.