Anthony Freedman has the Brisbane Winter Racing...
The racing at Ascot Racecourse of late has been electric with more than a few punters being attracted to the Western Australian events as they continue to muster some of the best fields in the country.
This quality will again be on display on 2011 WA Oaks Day with nearly all of the races fielding at least 10 runners and a good helping of prize money on offer, so our Ascot Race Day Tips are here to pick you a winner.
There are three Listed events throughout the eight race program as well as the feature event, the Group 3 WA Oaks.
The first Listed event of the day is the Raconteur Stakes over 1500m featuring arguably the biggest name on the program, Playing God.
Unbeaten until recently Playing God is back in Perth at the expense of the Sydney Carnival and it’ll take a good horse to win, as shown by the tiny early odds.
The York Stakes is the second of the Listed events and the favourite is no where near as clear cut in this 1600m race with Proart leading the current betting.
The Matchmaker Classic is the final Listed race with New Image current shading I’m Here To Win with the punters.
The feature event Group 3 2011 WA Oaks does have a short priced favourite with Dreamaway already well into odds on territory.
While these odds are current now there’s no doubt they will change drastically as we get closer to race time at Ascot.
To keep up to date with all the odds simply register an account now with online bookmaker Luxbet.
You’re guaranteed better than TAB odds and the ease of placing your bets when you want and how you want.
Best of all if you make a new account today you can claim a $400 free bet to invest on any race during 2011 WA Oaks Day at Ascot!
Just click any Luxbet link on this page and you’ll be on your way to Australia’s best sign up bonus offer.
2011 WA Oaks Day Tips
Race #1 – 12:45pm BURSWOOD ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX HANDICAP 1000m
- Luxbet Favourite – #5 Almachino @ $2.50
- Best Value Winner – #1 Classic Blitz @ $15
- Best Placed Roughie – #7 State Your Case @ $21
Race #2 – 1:25pm WINNING EDGE PRESENTATIONS-COUNTRY BOWL 1500m
- Luxbet Favourite – #6 Fortescue Flyer @ $2.90
- Best Value Winner – #7 Moonbound @ $2.90
- Best Placed Roughie – #1 Star Buck @ $12
Race #3 – 2:05pm MYER FASHIONS ON THE FIELD TROPHY 1200m
- Luxbet Favourite – #1 Global Flirt @ $3.20
- Best Value Winner – #5 Metal Talk @ $5.00
- Best Placed Roughie – #11 Southern Comfort @ $41
Race #4 – 2:45pm SKYY VODKA CLASSIC-RACONTEUR STAKES 1500m
- Luxbet Favourite – #1 Playing God @ $1.50
- Best Value Winner – #9 Kim Classic @ $8.00
- Best Placed Roughie – #2 Sound System @ $11
Race #5 – 3:20pm MIAMI MILE-YORK STAKES 1600m
- Luxbet Favourite – #2 Proart @ $3.40
- Best Value Winner – #11 Speccio @ $4.00
- Best Placed Roughie – #7 Manilla I Scream @ $6.50
Race #6 – 3:55pm MATCHMAKER CLASSIC 1400m
- Luxbet Favourite – #9 New Image @ $3.00
- Best Value Winner – #1 I’m Here To Win @ $4.80
- Best Placed Roughie – #3 Scenic Fair @ $7.50
Race #7 – 4:30pm SKYY VODKA-W.A. OAKS 2400m
- Luxbet Favourite – #1 Dreamaway @ $1.60
- Best Value Winner – #3 Moonlight Bay $5.00
- Best Placed Roughie – #8 A True Business @ $34
Race #8 – 5:05pm MONTY’S TRIBUTE HANDICAP 1400m
- Luxbet Favourite – #5 Rebel Fury @ $2.60
- Best Value Winner – #4 Crosswise @ $9.00
- Best Placed Roughie – #7 Keshaar @ $14
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.