Anthony Freedman has the Brisbane Winter Racing...
The improving daughter of More Than Ready is the current second favourite in the 2011 Coolmore Classic betting markets at Luxbet behind Aloha ($5) sitting at a quote of $7.
In an early blow for the dual Group winning filly, More Strawberries came up with the far outside gate in the Coolmore Classic barrier draw.
After #5 Lady Lynette was an early scratching from the Coolmore Classic field this morning, More Strawberries is now set to jump from barrier 16 of 16 tomorrow.
Despite the horror draw her breeding, training and Rosehill track experience means More Strawberries has lost few admirers in the Coolmore Classic betting markets and there has been plenty of money coming in for her to win Rosehill Race 7 tomorrow.
Having won back-to-back Group 2 showdowns during the spring beating home Divorces in the Furious Stakes (1400m) at Randwick on September 4 and Parables in the Tea Rose Stakes (1500m) at Rosehill a fortnight later, More Strawberries has failed to enter the winners circle since.
She backed up from her Tea Rose Stakes success with a narrow second to secret Admirer in the Group 1 Coomore Flight Stakes (1600m) on October 2 after striking interference in the final 200m.
She then ran sixth, beaten 4 ½ lengths by Yosei in the Group 1 Thousand Guineas (1600m) at her Melbourne debut on October 13.
Spelled following her Guineas run, More Strawberries showed great promise for the autumn winning two barrier trials at Randwick in January.
She then resumed with an eye-catching first-up third behind Kiss From A Rose in the Listed Triscay Stakes (1200m) carrying a hefty 57kg and drawn widely in barrier 11.
Last start More Strawberries ran a disappointing fourth, beaten nearly two lengths by Parables after starting odds-on favourite in the Group 2 Surround Stakes (1400m) at Warwick Farm on March 5.
So can More Strawberries overcome her wide draw and break a four-start drought tomorrow or will it be another filly crowned the Coolmore Classic winner in 2011?
Why More Strawberries Can Become 2011 Coolmore Classic Winner
– Should sharpen up tomorrow with the addition of blinkers for the first time
– Her victory at Rosehill over 1500m came in the Group 2 Tea Rose Stakes on September 18 last year carrying 56kg
– Is also one of four horses in the field ridden by a previous Coolmore Classic winning jockey with Jim Cassidy in the mount, Cassidy has been aboard three Coolmore Classic winners with Shamekha (2004), Flitter (1995) and Satin Sand (1986)
– Is one of the 52kg lightweights of the field meaning she meets Melito an incredible 7.5kg better in the weights
– This is also an advantageous drop back from the 56kg she carried in the Surround Stakes last-start
Why More Strawberries Won’t Win the Coolmore Classic 2011
– Drawn the far outside barrier meaning she has plenty of work to do in rounding them up tomorrow
– Her two Group 2 victories are her only two wins to date
– Has one of the lowest Win Rate percentages of the field with 18%
– Could be a better Place Bet at $2.50 through Luxbet with a Place Rate of 45%
2011 Coolmore Classic Form
Horse #10 More Strawberries
(by More Than Ready from Milva)
- Barrier: 16 (in from 17)
- Weight: 52kg
- Trainer: Gai Waterhouse
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Prize Money: $685,450
- Career: 11-2-3-2
- 1500m: 1-1-0-0
- Win %: 18
- Place %: 45
- Current Coolmore Classic Odds: $7 – Bet on More Strawberries now through Luxbet
Want to get behind More Strawberries at the best odds for the Coolmore Classic?
Visit Luxbet now and get in on the Coolmore Classic betting action at a better price than the TAB.
Even better, place your Coolmore Classic bets for free with the Welcome Free Bet Bonus offer available at Luxbet now.
But hurry, this is a limited offer available only to readers of Races.com.au.
Recent Starts – More Strawberries Form Last 5
|Pos.||Track||Date||Dist.||Track Con.||Class||Jockey (Br.)||Wgt.||Odds||Winner||Margin||Win. Time|
|4 – 9||W FM||5/03/2011||1400||Good||3FG2SW||N RAWILLER (3)||56||$1.4||PARABLES||1.8L||82.35|
|3 – 12||RHIL||19/02/2011||1200||Good||G4F&M||N RAWILLER (11)||57||$8.5||KISS FROM A ROSE||1.1L||69.55|
|6 – 16||CAUL||13/10/2010||1600||Slow||3FG1SW||N RAWILLER (3)||55.5||$3.5||YOSEI||4.6L||99.81|
|2 – 11||RAND||2/10/2010||1600||Good||3FG1SW||N RAWILLER (1)||56||$3||SECRET ADMIRER||0.2L||94.66|
|1 – 9||RHIL||18/09/2010||1500||Dead||3FG2SW||J A CASSIDY (3)||56||$3||MORE STRAWBERRIES||–||89.72|
Photo courtesy (c) Steve Hart Photographics
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.