The race towards the 2011 Golden Slipper Stakes on April 2 hits top gear tomorrow with six top fillies facing off in the $300,000 Group 2 Reisling Stakes (1200m) on way to a start in the world’s richest race for two-year-olds.
Betting on the 2011 Reisling Stakes, set to run as Rosehill Race 3 on Coolmore Classic Day, is dominated by the Clarry Conners-trained Satin Shoes.
After extending her unbeaten record to three with a dominant performance in the Group 2 Silver Slipper Stakes (1100m) at Rosehill on February 26, in-form daughter of Flying Spur Satin Shoes is the $1.60 Reisling Stakes betting favourite at Luxbet.
However, no race is over until it’s over and every horse has the ability to be beaten especially juveniles as we saw with Karuta Queen and her Black Opal defeat at Canberra last start.
One Golden Slipper Stakes hopeful further down the markets that is out to defeat Satin Shoes in the Reisling Stakes tomorrow is Anise.
Luxbet currently have the Peter Snowden-trained Anise as a $17 shot for the Reisling and at a $35 price to claim an upset Golden Slipper result.
Stablemate to Golden Slipper favourite Sepoy, General Nediym filly Anise has shown promise in her lightly-raced career to date and her double-figure odds for the Reisling Stakes are well worth considering.
So can Anise cause an upset in Rosehill Race 3 tomorrow and beat the likes of Satin Shoes and Elite Falls on way to the 2011 Golden Slipper?
Why Anise Can become the Reisling Stakes Winner on way to the Golden Slipper
– Won on debut at Rosehill last November by an easy 1 ¾ lengths
– Is coming off a second place finish to Foxwedge in The Clarry Conners Plate (1100m), will have improved from the run
– Due to be ridden by Kerrin McEvoy who was aboard Anise for her victory last year (Tim Clark had the mount last start)
– Trained by Snowden, the juveniles’ master
– Should get the best run of the field from barrier two
– Has speed to hit the front early and if she can hold will win
Why Anise Won’t win the Reisling Stakes or Improve her shot at the Golden Slipper
– Was beaten without excuse first-up
– Satin Shoes looks too classy
– Untested over the distance and didn’t seem to be looking for more ground when running 1100m
– Never carried 55.5kg before
– May burn out early and fade
2011 Reisling Stakes Form
Horse #2 Anise
(by General Nediym from Pimpinella)
- Barrier: 2
- Weight: 55.5kg
- Trainer: Peter Snowden
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Prize Money: $82,000
- Career: 2-1-1-0
- 1200m: 0-0-0-0
- Win %: 50
- Place %: 50
- Current Reisling Stakes Odds: $17 – Bet now at Luxbet
- Current Golden Slipper Odds: $35 – Get in on the early Golden Slipper betting now at Luxbet
To get behind raging favourite Satin Shoes to win the Reisling Stakes tomorrow or if you fancy Anise to claim an upset, head to Luxbet where you will find the best odds on all the Rosehill races.
Then, what better way to invest your Free $400 Bet at Luxbet than in the futures Golden Slipper markets?