The 2011 Todman Stakes field is set and ready to run this Saturday March 19, 2011, in one of the most important lead-up races to the 2011 Golden Slipper for colts and geldings at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse.
Races.com.au has put together the best 2011 Todman Stakes form for you to follow as you try to pick a winner this Coolmore Classic Day.
The Group 2 Todman Stakes will be run over 1,200 metres and is a set-weight race for two-year-old colts and geldings worth $300,000.
This year’s Todman Stakes has attracted only a small five horse field, with many trainers and connections unwilling to take on the seemingly unbeatable Sepoy.
Sepoy, who is currently paying odds of $1.25 for the win at Luxbet, is odds-on favourite to upstage the 2011 Todman Stakes field, in what will be his final appearance before contesting the 2011 Golden Slipper on April 2, 2011.
You can find all the information about this year’s Golden Slipper, including betting information and odds comparisons, at Golden Slipper 2011 Field & Odds.
Sepoy has won all of his previous five starts, including all three legs of the coveted Blue Diamond.
The Elusive Quality colt will be jumping from barrier four in the 2011 Todman Stakes and will be ridden by jockey Kerrin McEvoy, who rode him to victory in the $1 million Blue Diamond Stakes.
Below you will find the form guide for all five starters in the 2011 Todman Stakes.
Why not have a go at making some money this Coolmore Classic Day by opening an account with trusted online bookmaker Luxbet and start receiving their “Best of the Best” odds today.
Luxbet are giving away a free bet worth up to $400 to all new customers who sign up for an account right away and make an initial deposit.
All you have to do to take advantage of this exclusive offer is enter the promo code BONUS400 when you join and you could be betting on the 2011 Todman Stakes for free!
2011 Todman Stakes Field & Form
- 4th race this prep
- Career: 4-4-0-0
- Sepoy has outclassed every field he had come across and there’s no reason to think this one will be any different. His trainer says he is “more natural” the Sydney way of going so he looks unbeatable.
- Career: 2-2-0-0
- He has had two impressive runs so far and has learnt a lot since his first race. This young colt is certainly well supported in the slipper betting at Luxbet and this will be his first test against the favourite Sepoy.
#3 Smart Missile
- Career: 1-1-0-0
- Smart Missile won the Listed NSW Breeders Plate in his first start by 1.5 lengths despite being very green. He has only had one trial coming into this and my need the fitness he will gain from this race.
#4 Straight Gold
- 3rd race this prep
- Career: 2-1-0-1
- He did a lot wrong when he finished third in the Silver Slipper last start. He over-raced and didn’t run overly well, however, will have winkers on for the first time here which may just do the trick.
#5 Kid Kobe
- Career: 1-0-1-0
- Kid Kobe just missed out on winning his last start in the Listed Ice Cream Stakes two weeks ago. He may have gained some much needed experience but the switch from 1,000 metres to 1,200 metres and the change from Victorian way of running to Sydney make his chance of performing a little iffy.