A capacity field of sixteen fillies will line up...
The 2011 Ranvet Stakes will take place as Race 5 this Coolmore Classic Day at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse on March 19, 2011, and here you will find the best 2011 Ranvet Stakes form guide.
The Group 1 Ranvet Stakes is worth $400,000 and is a weight-for-age race open to horses aged three-years-old and upwards.
Run over 2,000 metres, the 2011 Ranvet Stakes will this year feature seven of the most talented stayers in racing and will jump at 2.50pm (AEDST).
Included in the field is last year’s Melbourne Cup runner-up Maluckyday, who is back in form after having a four month spell.
Maluckyday finished fourth last start in the Group 1 Chipping Norton Stakes last start and will be ravenous for his first Group 1 victory in the 2011 Ranvet Stakes.
The four-year-old Zabeel gelding will jump from barrier three in the 2011 Ranvet Stakes and will be ridden by jockey Jim Cassidy.
Maluckyday is currently favourite to win the 2011 Ranvet Stakes and is paying odds of $1.75 at Luxbet.
If you would like to bet on Maluckyday, or any other horses in the 2011 Ranvet Stakes field, open an account with our favourite online bookmaker Luxbet today and you could receive a free $400 bet.
Enter the promo code BONUS400 when you open an account to take advantage of this special offer and receive your free bet.
So sign up with Luxbet right away and start receiving their “Best of the Best” odds now!
2011 Ranvet Stakes Form Guide
- Career: 17-4-5-1
- Descarado is a big chance here, he was only a length of Maluckyday in the Chipping Norton last start and has is ideally suited to this distance.
- Career: 10-5-2-2
- Maluckyday put in an impressive run last start first-up in the Chipping Norton Stakes and will have gained much needed fitness from the race. He will be the one to beat in this race.
- Career: 59-10-6-3
- Zavite didn’t have the best first-up run in the Chipping Norton, finishing 12th in a 13 horse field. He probably needs a bit more fitness before he can be truly competitive.
#4 Illustrious Blue
- Career: 57-10-10-7
- He missed the start by more than a length in the Chipping Norton and was checked a further 1.5 lengths in the race. If things go his way this time he may be a surprise finisher, particularly in this smaller field.
#5 Hawk Island
- 4th race this prep
- Career: 31-9-6-1
- Hawk Island finished fourth behind Descarado in his only other attempt at weight-for-age and appears much more prepared to compete at this level now.
#6 Sacred Choice
- 4th race this prep
- Career: 28-8-2-7
- Sacred Choice was excellent last start, however, her only win at close to this distance was against a far inferior field.
#7 Keep The Peace
- 3rd race this prep
- Career: 15-6-3-4
- Keep The Peace is a high class New Zeeland mare having her second attempt at racing on Australian soil. She is fresh off a group one win back home where she upstaged the talented Wall Street and will add interest to this race.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.