This Saturday as part of the elite racing action of the 2011 Coolmore Classic Day at Rosehill, a diminutive but top field of two-year-old fillies will face off in the $300,000 Group 2 Reisling Stakes (1200m) and here the Races.com.au team ask the question can Golden Slipper hopeful Elite Falls upset Satin Shoes?
The 2011 Reisling Stakes is scheduled as Rosehill Race 3 on Saturday and is due to jump at 1:30pm (AEDST).
Just six fillies are engaged for the showdown, which is one of the traditional preparatory runs for juveniles heading towards the prestigious $3.5 million Group 1 Golden Slipper Stakes (1200m).
The 2011 Golden Slipper will draw the crowds to Rosehill on Saturday April 2 and second-favourite in the Golden Slipper Odds behind Sepoy is unbeaten filly Satin Shoes paying $7.50 to become the Golden Slipper winner through Luxbet.
Clarry Conner’s Flying Spur filly Satin Shoes is just that, flying, having won all three of her race starts to date including her latest success in the Group 2 Silver Slipper Stakes (1100m) at Rosehill on February 26.
Her form and class have seen Luxbet install Satin Shoes as the odds-on favourite at $1.55 to extend her flawless streak to four in the Reisling on Saturday.
The next shortest-priced entry in the Reisling Stakes betting markets at Luxbet is Elite Falls paying $3.
So does Elite Falls have claims to cause an upset Reisling Stakes result and firm in the Golden Slipper betting from their current Luxbet quote of $18?
Or will Satin Shoes outrun them again and add to her claims to beat Sepoy come Golden Slipper Day?
Why Elite Falls Can beat Satin Shoes on way to the 2011 Golden Slipper
– Has drawn better with barrier four, one inside of the favourite for the Reisling
– Is coming off two close second place finishes behind Satin Shoes and will be keen to turn the tables
– Was beaten by just half a length in the Silver Slipper having drawn out wider than winner Satin Shoes, maybe could have got there with more distance
– Gets that extra distance with the 1200m here
– Meets Satin Shoes equal in the weights both with 55.5kg
– Elite Falls has run and won with this weight before when they broke their maiden status in the Inglis Banner at Moonee Valley last October whereas Satin Shoes is yet to run with more than 54.5kg on her back
– Beat home Blue Diamond Stakes third placegetter Masthead by 2 ½ lengths in the Inglis Banner
Why Elite Falls Can’t Become the Resiling Stakes Winner
– Looks better for the Place Bet through Luxbet with an equal highest Place Rate of 50% along with #2 Anise
– Satin Shoes could be too good
– Is yet to race over 1200m
– Has run at Rosehill but was beaten
2011 Reisling Stakes Horse Form
#5 Elite Falls (4)
(by More Than Ready from Niagara Falls)
- Weight: 55.5kg
- Trainer: John O’Shea
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Prize Money: $209,000
- Career: 4-1-2-0
- 1200m: 0-0-0-0
- Win %: 25
- Place %: 50
- Current Reisling Stakes Odds: $3 – Bet now at Luxbet
- Current Golden Slipper Odds: $18 to Win / $5.25 to Place through Luxbet
Elite Falls Career Starts & Form
|Pos.||Track||Date||Dist.||Track Con.||Class||Jockey (Br.)||Wgt.||Odds||Winner||Margin||Win. Time|
|2 – 11||RHIL||26/02/2011||1100||Good||2G2SWT||C REITH (8)||54.5||$10||SATIN SHOES||0.5L||63.47|
|2 – 6||RAND||12/02/2011||1100||Good||2FG4SW||J A CASSIDY (3)||54||$10||SATIN SHOES||1L||63.06|
|1 – 11||M V||23/10/2010||1000||Dead||2YOSWT||N RAWILLER (8)||55||$7||ELITE FALLS||–||60.19|
|5 – 13||RAND||2/10/2010||1000||Good||2FG4SW||TIM CLARK (6)||56||$9||DEFIANT DAME||6.9L||57.41|
Fancy Elite Falls to put a stop to Satin Shoes on Saturday? Or if you think Elite Falls has what it takes to finish in the money in the 2011 Golden Slipper odds back them now at Luxbet.
Luxbet are the best bookie for all your Golden Slipper stakes betting needs so visit them today and enjoy a FREE $400 BET you can use on the great futures markets now open on the Golden Slipper!
Photo courtesy (c) Steve Hart Photographics