Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
She’s the mare so good that she has already be crowned the 2011 Newmarket Handicap winner in the betting markets and minds of Aussie punters and bookies, with odds and eyes for the $1 million Group 1 sprint at Flemington’s Super Saturday today all on Black Caviar.
Peter Moody’s faultless Bel Esprit four-year-old Black Caviar is the World Champion sprinter who continues to embarrass her rivals winning by devastating margins in all nine of her career starts to date.
A dual Group 1 champion having thrashed her competition in both 2010 Patinack Farm Classic at Flemington on Emirates Stakes Day and the Coolmore Lightning Stakes first-up this season on February 19, Black Caviar looks prime for her third elite level win this afternoon.
Newmarket Handicap odds on Black Caviar opened at $1.25 at Luxbet before the withdrawal of her only possible danger Hay List saw her firm into $1.20.
If there has ever been a certainty in racing it is that Black Caviar will win the Newmarket Handicap today when Flemington Race 6 takes place at 2:35pm (AEDST).
The dominance of Black Caviar in the 2011 Newmarket Handicap odds is made evident by the fact that prices on every nearly every other runner in the field have drifted out dramatically over the past 24 hours.
Punters just don’t want to take any of the other Newmarket Handicap hopefuls and it’s no wonder.
Shame really for the connections of the other horses as without Black Caviar thrown into the mix, they really are Group 1 quality runners.
While Black Caviar firms the rest of the Newmarket Handicap Field are Market Drifters:
- #3 Eagle Falls – $26 out to $31 Luxbet
- #7 Chasm – $71 out to $81 Luxbet
- #8 King Pulse – $81 out to $101 Luxbet
- #9 Response – $26 out to $31 Luxbet
- #11 Crystal Lily – $51 out to $61 Luxbet
- #12 Hinchinbrook – $31 out to $34 Luxbet
This does mean, however, that for the most courageous of punters out there willing to invest a dollar or two and back a massive Newmarket Handicap upset there is some huge money to be made.
At $14 Star Witness is the next-shortest priced contender in the 2011 Newmarket Handicap betting markets.
With an ideal barrier two draw and good record down the Flemington straight, throwing a sneaky few bucks on Danny O’Brien’s dual Group 1 winning colt at Luxbet would be no waste.
It also means that the winning Newmarket Handicap exotics like the Trifecta and First Four are likely to pay generously for Luxbet punters with the long odds on Black Caviar’s rivals adding great value to these markets.
2011 Newmarket Handicap Betting
- Back Black Caviar at $1.20 through Luxbet – It’s better than bank interest these days!
- Get on the Black Caviar Exotics – After stifling the betting, bookies are offering a range of great markets on Black Caviar winning including the $10 Free Bet if Black Caviar Wins Her 10th at Luxbet
- Put a $1 on a Roughie – Star Witness is second favourite at $14 through Luxbet while Moody’s boom colt Hincinbrook is at $34 so putting a couple of bucks on these guys just in case the queen is dethroned could prove the bet of the year!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.