Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
After the action of Flemington’s Super Saturday of Racing this weekend, Monday March 14 presents a whole new realm of betting opportunities with the $400,000 Group 2 Adelaide Cup (3200m) taking place at Morphettville and here we look at whether Guyno can cause an upset 2011 Adelaide Cup result.The Lou Luciani-trained Perth galloper Guyno is the current $7.50 second favourite in the early Adelaide Cup betting markets at Luxbet behind Mark Kavanagh’s King Diamond paying $4.20.
King Diamond is not without his claims in the Adelaide Cup field on Monday, the Danewin four-year-old coming off a tidy win in the Listed Roy Higgins Quality (2600m) at Flemington last Saturday.
However, the Races.com.au team think it’s worth looking at Guyno for value in your Adelaide Cup betting.
Here we have a look at the form, facts and stats to see why Guyno can and cannot win the Adelaide Cup 2011.
Why Guyno Can Become the 2011 Adelaide Cup Winner
– Has the ideal lead-up form having won the Mornington Cup on February 16 and then the Lord Reims Stakes last Saturday
– This is the exact prep last year’s Adelaide Cup winner Capecover came via, Capecover won the Mornington Cup and then was third in the Lord Reims in 2010
– Drawn ideally in barrier seven while favourite King Diamond is out wide in gate 14
– Drops back 2kg from the 58.5kg he carried to victory last start to 56.5kg on Monday
– Is by far the highest-earner of the field having amassed over $1.3 million in prize money
Why Guyno Won’t Win the 2011 Adelaide Cup
– Faces some tough competition including the favourite King Diamond
– Even though he can handle the weight, meets a number of rivals worse under the conditions
– Stats like his relatively mild 16% Win Rate don’t impress
– Yet to win over ‘two-miles’ and at their only start over 3200m in the 2008 Melbourne Cup Guyno finished a well-beaten 12th
– WA horses don’t have an inspiring record in the race, the last WA-trained Adelaide Cup winner being Moss Kingdom in 1984
2011 Adelaide Cup Form
#2 Guyno (7)
(by O’Reilly from River Century)
- Weight: 56.5kg
- Trainer: Lou Luciani
- Jockey: Jason Whiting
- Prize Money: $1,306,850
- Career: 50-8-8-9
- 3200m: 1-0-0-0
- Win %: 16
- Place %: 34
- Current Adelaide Cup Odds: $7.50 – Bet on Guyno now at Luxbet
Guyno Last Five Runs
|Pos.||Track||Date||Dist.||Track Con.||Class||Jockey (Br.)||Wgt.||Odds||Winner||Margin||Win. Time|
|1 – 6||MORP||5/03/2011||2600||Good||G3SPW||J WHITING (1)||56||$2.8||GUYNO||–||166.01|
|1 – 11||MORN||16/02/2011||2400||Dead||G4HCP||J WHITING (7)||56.5||$16||GUYNO||–||150.6|
|2 – 15||ASCT||1/01/2011||2400||Good||G2HCP||J WHITING (4)||54||$8||GUEST WING||0.3L||147.52|
|5 – 10||ASCT||18/12/2010||2100||Good||G2WFA||J WHITING (1)||59||$12||COLOUR CORRECT||2L||128.79|
|3 – 8||ASCT||4/12/2010||2200||Dead||G4HCP||J WHITING (8)||57||$4.75||BRANDY LANE||0.2L||138.94|
To back Guyno to win the Adelaide Cup at the best price, visit our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet now.
At Luxbet you are guaranteed to get great odds on every horse in every race every day.
Adelaide Cup 2011 Betting Odds
|No.||Horse (Barrier)||Luxbet Odds||$400 Free Bet Win|
|1||FAST FUTURE (18)||14||$5,600|
|3||KING DIAMOND (14)||4.20||$1,680|
|4||LADY AVACAN (20)|
|8||TIBOOBURRA TRAVIS (16)||41||$16,400|
|9||BIG TED (2)||51||$20,400|
|12||OLYMPIC WIN (13)||17||$6,800|
|14||SADDLERS STORY (9)||15||$6,000|
|16||OUR SERENA (6)||41||$16,400|
|18||SANDHILL LAD (8)||101||$40,400|
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.