Flemington Racecourse will come to life this Saturday March 12 with their Super Saturday of Racing programme and below the Races.com.au have the best and most concise form guide analysis for one of the day’s major features, the 2011 Australian Cup.
Scheduled to run as Flemington Race 7 tomorrow at 3:20pm (AEDST), the $1 million Group 1 Australian Cup (2000m) has attracted a final field of 15 gallopers.
Heart Of Dreams is the clear favourite in the Australian Cup odds at a quote of $4.40, in from $4.60 at Luxbet.
In one of the weaker Australian Cup line-ups in recent years, the punters seem happy to stick with the favourite.
There is some decent talent among Heart Of Dream’s rivals, however, including previous Melbourne Cup winner and Flemington expert Shocking, the Bart Cummings-trained Precedence, Kiwi galloper Ginga Dude and roughie favourite Alcopop.
Here the Races.com.au team have done the hard work for our readers, scouring through the 2011 Australian Cup form guide to accurately assess and summarise the chance each of the Australian Cup hopefuls have of winning tomorrow’s showdown.
See our two-word Australian Cup field preview and form analysis below and then back your favourite at the best price online at Luxbet.
- 1. SHOCKING ($8) – Our Pick
- 2. SCENIC SHOT ($21) – Has Shot
- 3. HEART OF DREAMS ($4.40) – Distance Query
- 4. C’EST LA GUERRE ($41) – Needs Rain
- 5. PRECEDENCE ($6) – Bart Factor
- 6. GINGA DUDE ($18) – Rails Run
- 7. MOURAYAN ($71) – Place Chance
- 8. ALCOPOP ($16) – Best Roughie
- 9. MOUDRE ($6) – Good Draw
- 10. LINTON ($8) – Blinkers Sharpen
- 11. CEDARBERG ($19) – Distance Suits
- 12. LORD PYRUS ($61) – Too Far
- 13. MR CHARLIE ($71) – Mr Moody
- 14. LARISTAN ($41) – Flemington Winner
- 15. PLAYING GOD ($9) – Lightweight Chance
Ready to place your Australian Cup bets? Avoid the TAB with their inferior odds and sign up with Australia’s premier online bookmaker Luxbet now!
*All odds are Fixed Win from Luxbet and correct at time of publication
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography