Flemington’s Super Saturday of Racing 2011 is scheduled to run this Saturday March 12 boasting a cracker race-card featuring seven Group events including the $150,000 Group 3 Schweppervescence Trophy (1600m).
Previously known as the Matron Stakes, the 2011 Schweppervescence Trophy is scheduled to run as Flemington Race 8 at 4:05pm (AEDST) on Saturday and has drawn a final field of 12 fillies and mares.
Likely to open at the top of the Schweppervescence Trophy odds at Luxbet is the Greg Eurell-trained Pinker Pinker.
The improving Reset filly is fresh off a strong win in the Group 2 Angus Armanasco Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield on February 26 before which the three-year-old ran a game third to Miss Gai Flyer first-up in the Listed Kevin Hayes Stakes (1200m) on February 12.
On Saturday Pinker Pinker will have the inside running from barrier one with Dwayne Dunn aboard.
One of the other early favourites in the Schweppervescence Trophy field this year is classy Tasmanian six-year-old Lady Lynette.
Fresh off back-to-back stakes wins in her home state, Lady Lynette is set to start from barrier two on Saturday as she looks to bring her form to Melbourne.
Other Notable 2011 Schweppervescence Trophy Acceptors Include:
- Exceptionally (Terry & Karina O’Sullivan) – Ekraar mare first-up for the season after running second to Zipping in the Sandown Classic last start in November, drawn ideally in barrier three and due to be ridden by Danny Nikolic
- Culminate (Darren Weir) – Won the Tristarc Stakes in the spring, resumed with a first-up sixth behind Red Flair in the Group 3 Mannerism Stakes (1400m) on Blue Diamond Stakes Day
- Mayneda Strategy (Trent Pennuto) – Strategic mare coming off a third in the Mannerism, loses claims with a wide barrier 11 draw
- Gail (Robbie Griffiths) – Four-year-old Bianconi mare in great form having scored two wins over 1620m and 1600m in Melbourne this year, drawn in barrier six and well-weighted with 54kg
- Platinum Passion (Michael Moroney) – Redoute’s Choice grey with solid record of three wins from seven starts, has a nice barrier four draw here
Racing at Flemington this Saturday is headlined by two Group 1 showdowns with the 2011 Newmarket Handicap run over the mile and featuring the mighty Black Caviar, and the 2011 Australian Cup where Heart Of Dreams looks the pick of the field.
Check out the betting markets on all the Flemington Super Saturday races open now at Luxbet.
New to sign up with the Tabcorp-owned online bookie Luxbet? Make sure you take advantage of Luxbet’s exclusive FREE BET offer by joining, depositing a minimum of just $25 and quoting the promo code BONUSBET!
2011 Schweppervesence Trophy Field, Barriers & Weights
|#||Horse||Trainer||Jockey||Barrier||Weight (kg)||Hcp. Rating|
|1||CULMINATE (NZ)||Darren Weir||Michael Walker||5||58.5||108|
|2||LADY LYNETTE||David & Scott Brunton||–||2||58.5||106|
|3||MY EMOTION (NZ)||Michael Kent||Craig Williams||8||58.5||88|
|4||WELL ROUNDED||Lee Freedman||Ben Melham||7||57.5||96|
|5||EXCEPTIONALLY (NZ)||Terry & Karina O’Sullivan||Danny Nikolic||3||57.5||100|
|6||PINKER PINKER||Greg Eurell||Dwayne Dunn||1||55.5||93|
|7||GAIL||Robbie Griffiths||Nicholas Hall||6||54||82|
|8||PLATINUM PASSION||Michael Moroney||Mark Zahra||4||54||77|
|9||MAYNEDA STRATEGY||Trent Pennuto||James Winks||11||54||72|
|10||STOLE (NZ)||Brian Jenkins||Glyn Schofield||10||54||76|
|11||HOLD FOR APPLAUSE (NZ)||Michael Kent||Luke Nolen||12||54||62|
|12||STORM BURST||Peter G Moody||Jason Maskiell (a)||9||52||70|