Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Refreshed betting markets for the 2011 Australian Cup have reopened at bookies around the country following the release of the 15-horse final field for the million dollar feature running at Flemington’s Super Saturday of Racing this weekend.
Heart Of Dreams has opened the favourite to win the $1 million Group 1 Australian Cup (2000m) this Saturday, paying $4.60 through Luxbet.
Drawn midfield in barrier nine, the Mick Price-trained Heart Of Dreams has enjoyed the ideal lead-up to the Australian Cup 2011 most recently winning the Group 2 St George Stakes (1800m) at Caulfield on February 26.
Five other contenders are at single-figure odds in the Australian Cup odds at Luxbet:
- Moudre ($5.50 Luxbet) – One-time favourite for last year’s Caulfield Cup, Ciaron Maher’s five-year-old is a proven stayer well suited to the 2000m, Group winner here last spring, drawn ideally in barrier four and due to be ridden by star hoop Craig Williams
- Precedence ($6 Luxbet) – Prepared by the Cups King himself, Zabeel gelding coming off an eye-catching second to Heart Of Dreams in the St George Stakes, has a wide barrier 13 draw however so has some work to do
- Linton ($8 Luxbet) – One of three runners for Lloyd Williams in the Australian Cup field this year, Galileo four-year-old has potential to be a great stayer but may be outclassed here having run ninth in the St George last start
- Shocking ($8.50 Luxbet) – Drawn in barrier 12, the gate Zipping won the 2010 Australian Cup from, good record at Flemington but has to show improvement from their St George run
- Playing God ($9 Luxbet) – Nice value on this consistent, Group 1 winning colt from WA, ran third to Shamrocker in the Australian Guineas last Saturday at their Melbourne debut and is the 54.5kg lightweight here
Longer-priced roughies in the current Australian Cup betting markets at Luxbet that could prove good value outsiders to include in your exotic wagers include:
- Alcopop ($16 Luxbet) – Out wide in barrier 14 with Ben Melham in the mount, this six-year-old galloper showed good form with a second-up win in the Kilmore Cup last start but steps up in class for this
- Ginga Dude ($21 Luxbet) – On the rails should suit this Group 1 winning Kiwi coming off a good fourth in the St George Stakes, distance is ideal and has plenty of experience over 2000m at Group level both here and back home in NZ
- Laristan ($41 Luxbet) – Our favourite roughie for a Place or to box into a Trifecta, David Hayes’ locally-trained four-year-old import enjoyed a good 2 ½ length win at this track and distance last Saturday
The 2011 Dubai Australian Cup is scheduled as Flemington Race 7 this Saturday March 5 and is due to jump at 3:20pm (AEDST).
Check out the complete 2011 Australian Cup betting markets at Luxbet today and get your selections at the best possible price before odds firm closer to race day.
Don’t have a Luxbet account? It takes just five minutes to join thousands of other winning punters by signing up with Australia’s leading online bookie and if you quote the exclusive promo code BONUSBET when you join and deposit a minimum of just $25, Luxbet will reward you with an instant FREE BET!
2011 Australian Cup Odds
|2||SCENIC SHOT (15)||21.00|
|3||HEART OF DREAMS (9)||4.60|
|4||C’EST LA GUERRE (3)||41.00|
|6||GINGA DUDE (1)||21.00|
|12||LORD PYRUS (2)||61.00|
|13||MR CHARLIE (5)||71.00|
|15||PLAYING GOD (11)||9.00|
*Fixed Win Odds Provided by Luxbet & Correct at Time of Publication
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.