The Chris Waller trained two year ods The...
Warwick Farm’s Chipping Norton Stakes Day will take place this Saturday March 5, 2011, and the 2011 Surround Stakes form and field information is available here at Races.com.au.
The 2011 Surround Stakes is a Group 2 race open to three-year-old fillies only.
Run over a distance of 1,400 metres, the 2011 Surround Stakes is worth a considerable $200,000.
This year’s 2011 Surround Stakes field includes Gai Waterhouse’s More Strawberries, who is currently favourite at Luxbet paying odds of $1.90 for the win.
More Strawberries finished third in the Listed Triscay Stakes last start, overcoming a heavy weight penalty to finish in the placings.
The More Than Ready filly has already won two Group 2 races in her short career, and will be looking to make it three with a win over the rest of the 2011 Surround Stakes field.Also a chance is Peter Snowden’s Parables, who finished third in the Light fingers Stakes last start to stablemate Obsequious.
Parables is unbeaten at Warwick Farm and is currently paying odds of $3.30 to win the 2011 Surround Stakes.
Open an account with our favourite online bookmaker Luxbet today and you could receive a free bet worth up to $400 when you sign-up and enter our exclusive promo code BONUS400.
Luxbet will match your initial deposit amount dollar for dollar, up to $400, so you could be betting on the 2011 Surround Stakes field for free!
2011 Surround Stakes Form
#1 More Strawberries – Bet now at Luxbet
- Career: 10-2-3-2
- More Strawberries has a good second-up record and will be hard to beat in a race where she is equally weighted and amongst fillies her own age.
#2 Parables – Odds available now at Luxbet
- Career: 8-2-2-4
- Parables is unbeaten here at Warwick Farm and put in a spectacular run last start in the Light Fingers Stakes to come home from ten lengths away to finish third. She will be More Strawberries’ biggest threat here.
#3 Red Tracer – Exclusive odds now available at Luxbet
- 3rd race this prep
- Career: 6-3-1-2
- While Red Tracer has never attempted this distance before, she beat Parables in the Light Fingers Stakes last start and has never finished out of the placings.
#4 Gai’s Choice – Bet now at Luxbet
- 6th race this prep
- Career: 9-4-0-1
- Gai’s Choice has won three of her five races this prep so far, and beat a classy field at the Gold Coast two starts back. She failed at this class in the spring but was immediately spelled. Could be a good roughie.
#5 M’Lady Pedrille – Odds available now at Luxbet
- 3rd race this prep
- Career: 10-2-0-2
- M’Lady Pedrille finished 5th last start in the Light fingers Stakes (1200m) and was probably needing longer, which she will get in this race. Appears out-classed amongst this talented field though.
#6 Who’s Ready – Exclusive odds available now at Luxbet
- Career: 7-1-2-2
- Who’s Ready is suited to this distance but would be better suited to an easier race.
#7 Rose Of Peace – Bet now at Luxbet
- Career: 7-1-1-0
- Rose Of Peace had a solid win last start and while not having a very high place percentage, has finished 4th in some high quality races- including the Group 2 Wakeful Stakes. She may just surprise everyone here and come up with a place finish.
#8 Kim Heaven – Bet now at Luxbet
- Career: 1-1-0-0
- Kim Heaven will be running in her only second ever start here and won well in her debut race at Canterbury. You have to wonder if she has the experience to keep up with such a high-class field.
#9 Potions – Odds available now at Luxbet
- Career: 4-0-0-1
- Maiden filly who finished well in the Light Fingers Stakes to beat some very classy horses to snare fourth. She will benefit from this jump in distance and could be one to watch.
2011 Surround Stakes Field & Betting
|No.||Horse (Barrier)||Luxbet Odds||$400 Free Bet Win|
|1||MORE STRAWBERRIES (3)||1.90||$760|
|3||RED TRACER (2)||4.00||$1,600|
|4||GAI’S CHOICE (9)||41||$16,400|
|5||M’LADY PEDRILLE (5)||34||$13,600|
|4||WHO’S READY (8)||61||$24,400|
|7||ROSE OF PEACE (6)||101||$40,400|
|8||KIM HEAVEN (1)||21||$8,400|
Note: Odds are subject to change and correct at time of publication. All prices are Fixed Win.
Photo courtesy (c) Steve Hart Photographics
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.