Anthony Freedman has the Brisbane Winter Racing...
The $350,000 Group 1 Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m) gets Group 1 racing in Sydney underway this Saturday and below the Races.com.au uncover the best betting tips from the 2011 Chipping Norton Stakes Field & Form Guide.Programmed to run as Warwick Farm Race 6 on Saturday at 4:26pm (AEDST), the 2011 Chipping Norton Stakes field features 13 worthy contenders.
After an impressive last-start victory in the Group 2 Apollo Stakes (1400m) at Rosehill, Gerald Ryan’s Redoute’s Choice mare Melito is the clear Chipping Norton Stakes favourite currently paying $3.20 through Luxbet.
Other horses at the top of the Chipping Norton Stakes odds at our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet include last year’s Melbourne Cup runner-up Maluckyday ($6) and in-form five-year-old Centennial Park ($6.50).
To save our readers time and effort, we have studied the Warwick Farm Race 6 Form Guide and uncovered the best 2011 Chipping Norton Stakes Field Facts & Betting Tips listed below.
Chipping Norton Stakes Form Guide Facts & Betting
- #1 Theseo is back to win successive Chipping Norton Stakes and is the highest earner of the field
- Theseo is also the only horse to have won at the Warwick Farm track
- #7 Maluckyday, second favourite in the Chipping Norton odds, boasts the best Win Rate of 56%
- #11 Melito is the only last-start winner in this year’s Chipping Norton Stakes field and also has the highest Place Rate of 52%
- Warwick Farm-trained horses have won seven of the past 14 Chipping Norton Stakes and #8 Vision And Power ($81 roughie at Luxbet) and #12 Sacred Choice ($21 shot at Luxbet) are the only locals this year
- #10 Lorne Dancer and #7 Maluckyday are unbeaten over the distance, Lorne Dancer having won both of their 1600m starts while Maluckyday has had one mile start for one win
- #12 Sacred Choice has the next best mile record of 5 3-1-1, yet to finish out of the money when running at this distance meaning she is an ideal Place Bet through Luxbet
- #1 Theseo, #5 Illustrious Blue and #8 Vision And Power have also won at least once over 1600m
- Only horses with a Chipping Norton Stakes-winning jockey in the mount are #1 Theseo (Nash Rawiller aboard for their win 12 months ago) and #6 Centennial Park (Corey Brown who won with Tuesday Joy in 2009)
- Stats suggest a Gai Waterhouse-trained horse will win as she has prepared six Chipping Norton Stakes runners and is represented by #1 Theseo, #2 Descarado, #10 Lorne Dancer and #13 Once Were Wild this year
When you’re ready to take advantage of this exclusive info and back your favourites from the Chipping Norton Stakes field, head over to leading online bookmaker Luxbet!
2011 Chipping Norton Stakes Field & Form Guide
Warwick Farm Race 6 – 05/03/2011
|1||THESEO||MS G WATERHOUSE||N RAWILLER||12||59||7yo||$3,205,480.00||38:11-3-6||29%||24%||148×517|
|2||DESCARADO||MS G WATERHOUSE||TOMMY BERRY||11||59||4yo||$2,226,083.00||16:4-5-1||25%||38%||61012F|
|3||DANLEIGH||C J WALLER||J BOWMAN||8||59||7yo||$1,958,295.00||40:8-6-8||20%||35%||3440×46|
|4||ZAVITE||A J CUMMINGS||B PENGELLY||1||59||8yo||$2,118,316.00||58:10-6-3||17%||16%||564070|
|5||ILLUSTRIOUS BLUE||DAVID PAYNE||NATHAN BERRY||3||59||7yo||$885,893.00||56:10-10-7||18%||30%||4x215x95|
|6||CENTENNIAL PARK||DAVID PAYNE||C W BROWN||2||59||5yo||$686,850.00||25:7-4-2||28%||24%||5273×13|
|7||MALUCKYDAY||M, W & J HAWKES||J A CASSIDY||7||59||4yo||$1,181,950.00||9:5-2-2||56%||44%||131112|
|8||VISION AND POWER||JOSEPH PRIDE||TIMOTHY BELL||4||59||8yo||$2,055,925.00||60:10-5-5||17%||17%||05370×0|
|9||LUEN YAT FOREVER||P G MOODY||J MOTT||5||59||5yo||$1,000,678.00||28:12-7-2||43%||32%||4045×8|
|10||LORNE DANCER||MS G WATERHOUSE||J PARR||10||59||6yo||$390,320.00||17:8-4-1||47%||29%||11x21x59|
|11||MELITO||G A RYAN||B AVDULLA||13||57||4yo||$1,767,950.00||21:5-8-3||24%||52%||321x55x1|
|12||SACRED CHOICE||JOSEPH PRIDE||TIM CLARK||6||57||5yo||$693,140.00||27:8-2-6||30%||30%||4331×60|
|13||ONCE WERE WILD||MS G WATERHOUSE||R M QUINN||9||57||4yo||$389,150.00||15:6-1-1||40%||13%||80830×4|
*Warwick Farm Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Photo courtesy (c) Steve Hart Photographics
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.