Chipping Norton Stakes Day kicks off Group 1 racing in Sydney for the season this Saturday March 5, the day’s race-card featuring a number of quality black-type events including the 2011 Liverpool City Cup and here we have the form guide and betting analysis for the showdown.
The $125,000 Group 3 Liverpool City Cup (1300m) will run as Warwick Farm Race 7 on Saturday due to jump at 5:05pm (AEDST).
An exciting field of 17 gallopers are engaged for this year’s Liverpool City Cup, including $4 favourite through Luxbet Triple Elegance drawn on the rails and coming off a smart 6 ½ length win over 1500m at Rosehill.
However, with the favourite untested in Group company and a classy field of competitors including locally trainer mare Graceful Anna, Peter Snowden’s genuine Lonhro five-year-old Pinwheel, Group winner Ahdashim and Danehill Dancer six-year-old News Alert an upset could be on the cards.
Below the Races.com.au provide our readers with insider betting advice and an eye-opening insight into the Liverpool City Cup field based on the race form guide.
Liverpool City Cup Betting Advice & Form Guide Analysis
- Gai Waterhouse’s four-year-old gelding #15 Pureness boasts the best Win Rate of 67% making them a nice outsider to consider at $11 through Luxbet
- Pureness is also the only runner to win at this track and distance when they won here on September 1 last year
- Based on the Place Rate stats the Best Place Bets are #1 Pinwheel (47%), #11 Triple Elegance (44%) and #2 News Alert (39%)
- #12 Informality ($26 Luxbet) is drawn in barrier 11, the gate last year’s Liverpool City Cup winner Dreamscape jumped from
- Horses that have a good record over the 1300m include #4 No Evidence Needed (8-2-3-1), #6 Graceful Anna (4-2-0-1), #11 Triple Elegance (1-1-0-0) and #14 Madibagold (5-2-1-1)
- #9 Mentality ($26 Luxbet) is the highest earner of the field, the veteran having earned over $2 million in prize money over their 50 career starts
- #11 Triple Elegance ($4 fav) & #13 Keepin’ The Dream ($101 roughie) are the only last-start winners in the Liverpool City Cup field
- Triple Elegance is due to be ridden by Jim Cassidy who took out the Liverpool City Cup two years back aboard Judged
Make the most of our exclusive Liverpool City Cup betting and form analysis by heading over to our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet and backing your Warwick Farm Race 7 selections at the best possible price.
2011 Liverpool City Cup Field & Form Guide
Warwick Farm Race 7 – 05/03/2011
|1||PINWHEEL||PETER SNOWDEN||J BOWMAN||9||57.5||5yo||$472,450.00||17:7-8-0||41%||47%||1x265x12|
|2||NEWS ALERT||C KARAKATSANIS||N RAWILLER||6||57||6yo||$508,300.00||28:8-9-2||29%||39%||421x17x7|
|3||BRILLIANT LIGHT||K J PARKER||TIM CLARK||15||56.5||5yo||$477,920.00||19:7-2-1||37%||16%||13x698x6|
|4||NO EVIDENCE NEEDED||JOHN THOMPSON||J MOTT||17||55||4yo||$535,505.00||19:5-5-2||26%||37%||12256×3|
|5||AHDASHIM||G A RYAN||J PARR||4||55||5yo||$468,625.00||27:6-7-2||22%||33%||92241×4|
|6||GRACEFUL ANNA||DAVID PFIEFFER||C W BROWN||10||54||4yo||$993,800.00||14:6-3-2||43%||36%||340×922|
|7||ALTERED BOY||C J WALLER||TIMOTHY BELL||14||53.5||5yo||$455,280.00||37:8-6-3||22%||24%||5×61684|
|8||EGO’S DARE||G A RYAN||NATHAN BERRY||13||53.5||6yo||$299,175.00||26:6-3-4||23%||27%||3x5x7742|
|9||MENTALITY||M, W & J HAWKES||JOSH ADAMS||16||53.5||7yo||$2,099,120.00||50:8-7-5||16%||24%||0x934x82|
|10||AVIENUS||M C WEBB||K L BRADLEY||8||53||5yo||$437,438.00||23:5-5-2||22%||30%||1666×09|
|11||TRIPLE ELEGANCE||C J WALLER||J A CASSIDY||1||53||4yo||$365,780.00||16:6-4-3||38%||44%||3×32121|
|12||INFORMALITY||J A O’SHEA||B AVDULLA||11||53||5yo||$255,150.00||20:7-0-1||35%||5%||56×6170|
|13||KEEPIN’ THE DREAM||J & G LEE||PETER WELLS||7||53||6yo||$372,855.00||41:5-4-2||12%||15%||500061|
|15||PURENESS||MS G WATERHOUSE||TOMMY BERRY||12||53||4yo||$112,600.00||6:4-0-1||67%||17%||11116×3|
|16||SHADOWS IN THE SUN||A J CUMMINGS||MS K O’HARA||5||53||3yo||$143,800.00||12:2-0-2||17%||17%||04x419x8|
|17||QUICK PEEK||A J CUMMINGS||R M QUINN||3||53||4yo||$33,400.00||5:2-1-0||40%||20%||117×72|
*Warwick Farm Race 7 Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography