Recently inducted Hall Of Fame trainer Chris...
This morning the connections of 14 two-year-olds paid up for their runners in the 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes field with 46 juveniles dropping out of contention.
There have been a number of notable defectors from the $1 million Group 1 Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m), running at Caulfield this Saturday February 26, and here the team at Races.com.au have a look at the horses that have missed out on this year’s showdown.
The connections of many horses high up the Blue Diamond Stakes ballot chose not to accept paving the way for two-year-olds well down the order of entry to gain a start in Victoria’s richest race for juveniles.
Noteworthy withdrawals from the Blue Diamond Stakes field that were inside the top 16 in the order of entry include John Thompson’s Inglis Nursery / Inglis Classic double winner Pane In The Glass (2nd), Clarry Conner’s Golden Slipper bound Satin Shoes (4th), the Peter Snowden-trained Blue Diamond Fillies Prelude runner-up Glissade (8th) and David Hayes’ Stratum filly Eramor (David Hayes)
Horses that were originally outside the top 16 in the Blue Diamond Stakes ballot that have made the final field are:
- Running Tall (Danny O’Brien) – Stratum colt ran second behind Sepoy in the Blue Diamond Colts & Geldings Prelude
- Helping Hand (John P Thompson) – Fusaichi Pegasus filly ran a disappointing 12th beaten 13 lengths in the Fillies Prelude last start
- Metonymy (Peter Moody) – Hotel Grand filly that ran an eye-catching fourth behind Atomic in the Listed Chairman’s Stakes (1000m) on February 9
- Hallowell Belle (Peter Moody) – One of the early favourites in the Blue Diamond Betting behind Sepoy, Starcraft filly ran third in the Blue Diamond Prelude
- Envious (Clinton McDonald)
Hussonet colt Envious was the most notable of these having gained a spot in the Blue Diamond Stakes field despite sitting equal 32nd on the order of entry as of yesterday.
At her only career start to date Envious ran fourth in the Blue Diamond Colts and Geldings Preview back on January 26.
Below is a complete list of the 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes defectors.
To view the Blue Diamond final field and odds on the 14 hopefuls including favourite Sepoy, head to Luxbet now!
Full List of 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes Withdrawals:
- Helmet (Peter Snowden)
- Redangelo (Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra)
- Bossdon City (Brett Cavanough)
- Covered In Class (Peter Moody)
- Hot Spin (Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra)
- Bladon (David Hayes)
- Eclair Desire (Peter Moody)
- Instinction (Mick Price)
- Braymont (John Thompson)
- Hell’s Kitchen (Mark Young)
- Le Samer (David Brideoake)
- Almahaab (David Hayes)
- Poitier (David Hayes)
- Fastnet Prince (Mark Kavanagh)
- Boys On Tour (John P Thompson)
- Ortmayer (John P Thompson)
- Black Jack Boy (Dean Binaisse)
- Big Rojo (Mick Price)
- Cape Canaveral (Danny O’Brien)
- Cross Of Gold (David Hayes)
- Executive Star (Ken Keys)
- Frankenbeans (John P Thompson)
- I’m A Menice (Ron Daniel)
- Isopach (John P Thompson)
- Niconoise (David Hayes)
- Pane In The Glass (John P Thompson)
- Satin Shoes (Clarry Conners)
- Glissade (Peter Snowden)
- Eramor (David Hayes)
- Motifs (John P Thompson)
- Noble Twostep (Rick Hore-Lacy)
- Ervbefel (Michael Kent)
- Petrushka (Lee Freedman)
- Tumble Turn (Paul Messara)
- Manor Lady (Robbie Griffiths)
- More Bubbly (John P Thompson)
- Quench The Thirst (Mark Kavanagh)
- And Rock (John McArdle)
- Suite Success (Leigh Childs)
- North East (David Hayes)
- National Anthem (Leon Corstens)
- Fast ‘N’ Witty (John O’Shea)
- Fast Shanti (Gerald Ryan)
- Kneeling (John P Thompson)
- She’s Cherryrype (David Hayes)
- Win For Naara (John P Thompson)
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.