The next Group 1 feature of the Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival will light up Flemington Racecourse tomorrow with the $750,000 Lightning Stakes (1000m) taking centre stage and to win big off your wagers the 2011 Lightning Stakes Form Guide is your best resource.
The form guide for this year’s Lightning Stakes lets you know all the essential race details including the race number, start time, distance, prize money, status and conditions.
The 2011 Lightning Stakes is scheduled as Flemington Race 6 this Saturday February 19, programmed to jump at 4:10pm (AEDST).A 10-horse final field have been accepted for this year’s Lightning Stakes showdown, lead by odds-on favourite and World Champion sprinter Black Caviar.
Out to become the first Australian racehorse to win nine straight metro runs in nearly 30 years, Peter Moody’s queen of the turf Black Caviar is currently paying $1.40 through Luxbet.
Black Caviar has drawn barrier seven in the Lightning Stakes and will have regular rider Luke Nolan aboard.
With the favourite at such short odds punters are asking whether Black Caviar can indeed be beaten and do any of her Lightning Stakes rivals stand a chance of winning tomorrow?
The 2011 Lightning Stakes form guide is a great way to assess the chances of each horse in the field as you can easily see their total career statistics and earnings, win and place rates and last six starts.
Stats for punters to consider in the 2011 Lightning Stakes Form Guide include:
- #7 Black Caviar is the unbeaten favourite and boasts a flawless Win Rate of 100%
- #2 Hay List looks her biggest danger with the next highest percentage of wins at 80%
- #3 True Persuasion, who placed behind both Black Caviar and Hay List at Group level during the spring, looks a great Place Bet with the highest Place Rate of the field with 53%
- #2 Grand Duels is the only other last start winner in the field along with the favourite
- #9 Crystal Lily and #10 Warm Love are the two 53.5kg lightweights in the Lightning Stakes
- Crystal Lily is also the highest earner of the field, the 2010 Golden Slipper winner having won over $2.9 million in prize money to date
- Black Caviar boasts the next best career earnings with over $1.24 million
- #4 Leapfrog and #2 Stirling Grove are the two best drawn runners set to start from barriers one and two respectively
- Jockey of the moment Craig Williams has the mount on Stirling Grove
Below the Races.com.au team have tracked down and published a comprehensive Lightning Stakes form guide so our readers have the best chance of backing the winner and placegetters in tomorrow’s marquee event.
When you’re ready to place your Lightning Stakes bets make sure you have access to the best range of wagering odds and options by signing up with Luxbet.
2011 Lightning Stakes Field & Form – Flemington Race 6
|1||HAY LIST||J C MCNAIR||G SCHOFIELD||10||58.5||5yo||$971,125.00||15:12-1-0||80%||7%||21×1116|
|2||GRAND DUELS||B COZAMANIS||S W ARNOLD||5||58.5||7yo||$741,160.00||37:10-4-4||27%||22%||41×0111|
|3||TRUE PERSUASION||M G PRICE||C NEWITT||8||58.5||4yo||$422,713.00||15:4-5-3||27%||53%||12×2230|
|4||LEAPFROG||BRUCE HILL||P HAMMERSLEY||1||58.5||5yo||$224,100.00||31:5-9-2||16%||35%||293210|
|5||TOLLESPRIT||S FLIEDNER||J WINKS||9||58.5||4yo||$263,875.00||13:4-2-0||31%||15%||8x117x80|
|6||KING PULSE||M D MORONEY||M ZAHRA||3||58.5||4yo||$185,025.00||4:2-1-0||50%||25%||112×4|
|7||BLACK CAVIAR||P G MOODY||L NOLEN||7||56.5||4yo||$1,241,750.00||8:8-0-0||100%||0%||11x1x111|
|8||STIRLING GROVE||R R JOLLY||CRAIG WILLIAMS||2||55.5||3yo||$242,440.00||9:4-2-1||44%||33%||216x3x1x2|
|9||CRYSTAL LILY||M ELLERTON & S ZAHRA||D OLIVER||4||53.5||3yo||$2,309,250.00||9:4-2-1||44%||33%||6111×20|
|10||WARM LOVE||D R BRIDEOAKE||B MELHAM||6||53.5||3yo||$230,418.00||11:5-2-1||45%||27%||06×1112|
*Flemington Race 6 Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography