Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
When the first Australian Guineas odds were released last month dual Group 1 winning colt Star Witness opened as one of the early favourites.
Star Witness has since dropped out of contention and will not run in the Flemington feature on March 5.
Trainer Danny O’Brien has opted to save the former Blue Diamond Stakes winner for the shorter Group 1 features during the autumn including the $1 million Newmarket Handicap (1200m) the Saturday after the Guineas.
Anacheeva is now equal $8 favourite with the up-and-coming Enjin Number Nine in the Australian Guineas betting at Luxbet.Enjin Number Nine burst into Australian Guineas calculations when the Mathew Ellerton and Simon Zahra-trained gelding claimed an upset win in the Listed Manfred Stakes (1300m) at Sandown on February 9 defeating a quality field including Star Witness.
Originally paying $121 in the Australian Guineas odds, Enjin Number Nine has been one of the biggest market firmers and any punters that backed him in the pre-post markets will be keen for March 5 to roll around!
Occupying the third line of Guineas betting is We Can Say It Now who has remained steady at $11 in the market.
The other huge firmer in the Australian Guineas markets is Dusty Star.
Opening as a $201 roughie, Dusty Star is now the $15 fourth favourite to win after the General Nediym gelding scored an upset in the Group 2 D’Urban Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield last weekend.
The next shortest-priced entries in the 2011 Australian Guineas Fixed Odds are now:
- Playing God ($13 in from $26) – Neville Parnham’s smart Ascot galloper has won their past four races including the Group 2 WA Guineas and Group 1 Kingston Town Classic. Yet to race outside of WA.
- Bullbars ($16 in from $31) – Peter Snowden-trained son of Elusive Quality was second behind Enjin Number Nine in the Manfred, has talent to be able to beat Star Witness to the line there.
- Eclair Surprise ($17) – Blackfriars three-year-old trained by Peter Moody, has remained steady in the market with only a first up fifth in the D’Urban Stakes this season.
- Pressday ($18 out from $12) – Slight drifter in the markets after the Chris Waller-trained colt finished a distant eight in the Group 2 Royal Sovereign at Randwick first-up after winning the Sandown Guineas in the spring.
- Mr Chard ($19 out from $11) – Has also lengthened in the odds after a disappointing run in the Manfred Stakes unable to beat home any runner. Has chance to return to form in CS Hayes.
- Spirited Eagle ($19 in from $41) – South Australian galloper that has firmed after their gallant second just beaten on the line by Eclair Mystic in the Listed Zeditave Stakes (1200m) on January 26 at Caulfield.
Many of the top Australian Guineas entries are due to face off at Flemington this Saturday in the Group 3 CS Hayes Stakes (1400m) including Anacheeva, Enjin Number Nine, Dusty Star, Bullbars, Mr Chard and Spirited Eagle.
The CS Hayes Stakes result will have a big impact on the Australian Guineas betting so our tip is to back your favourites now before prices shorten.
To get your Australian Guineas favourites at the best possible price, visit Luxbet today and join more the bookie that more Aussie punters love to use.
2011 Australian Guineas Odds
|Enjin Number Nine||8.00|
|We Can Say It Now||11.00|
|Do Ra Mi||21.00|
|Run For Levi||34.00|
|Miss Gai Flyer||41.00|
|Right Of Refusal||151.00|
|God Help Us||301.00|
Photos courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.