Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
The 2011 Australian Cup betting odds have reopened at bookies around the country following the release of the first declarations earlier in the week and here we have a look at the updated prices and market movers for the Flemington feature.
After the 2011 Australian Cup first acceptances were taken this week, 35 stayers remain in contention.Defending champion, the evergreen nine-year-old Zipping remains the $6 favourite to score back-to-back Australian Cups this year through Luxbet.
Lloyd Williams’ gallant old boy resumed in the Group 1 CF Orr Stakes (1400m) finishing 10th, unsuited to the short distance but running promising final sectional times.
Heart Of Dreams and Shocking are now equal second favourites to win the 2011 Australian Cup after weight-for-age star Whobegotyou was not paid up for at first declaration stage.
Shocking also ran first-up in the CF Orr, Mark Kavanagh’s previous Melbourne Cup winner running the ideal Australian Cup trial just behind Zipping.
Heart Of Dreams produced the run of the CF Orr coming within a short-head of defeating the favourite Typhoon Tracy.
This saw odds on the Mick Price-trained five-year-old firm in from $13 to $6.50 at Luxbet in their Australian Cup betting.
Heart Of Dreams is yet to win over a distance greater than 1800m but did manage to run a close second to Whobegotyou in the Group 1 Yalumba Stakes over 2000m in 2009 and finish fourth behind Zipping in the Australian Cup last year.
Moudre remains steady on the third line of Australian Cup betting at $9 with Luxbet, the Warrnambool galloper 15th first-up in the CF Orr after starting at short odds for a genuine stayer.
The next shortest-priced 2011 Australian Cup contenders are:
- Linton ($11 in from $13) – Younger stablemate of Zipping, four-year-old Galileo grey was an encouraging ninth in the CF Orr first-up and will only continue to thrive the more distance they are given this season.
- Precedence ($13 out from $11) – Bart Cummings’ Zabeel gelding finished 14th in the CF Orr, another who’s well-suited to the Australian Cup distance and showed good skill in the spring including a win in the Moonee Valley Cup in October.
- Anacheeva ($17) – Has remained firm at this price, Peter Moody’s three-year-old colt won the Caulfield Guineas last year and has claims but iss more likely to target the Australian Guineas the week before the Cup.
- Wall Street ($17 out from $15) – Slight drifter in the market only because their form is hard to gauge as a Kiwi runner. Did win a Group 1 sprint in NZ last weekend over 1400m and showed promise here during the spring winning the Emirates Stakes, however looks more suited to the mile than the 2000m.
- Playing God ($21 in from $26) – Neville Parnham-trained Blackfriars colt has been in sizzling form at their home track at Ascot winning four straight including the Group 2 WA Guineas (1600m) and Group 1 Kingston Town Classic (1800m). Resumed with a win in the Magic Millions Perth 3YO Trophy (1400m) last Saturday and although they are yet to race outside of Perth look very competitive.
Early favourites that have dropped out of Australian Cup contention along with Whobegotyou include Theseo, Speed Gifted, Vigor and Once Were Wild.
To view the full 2011 Australian Cup odds and markets including the Fixed Place prices for all the contenders, head to Luxbet today.
2011 Australian Cup Odds
|HEART OF DREAMS||6.50|
|CEST LA GUERRE||51.00|
*Odds are Fixed Win from Luxbet and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.