In Adelaide today, Saturday February 5, Allan Scott Park Morphettville is set to host to host a massive nine-race programme and here we provide Races.com.au readers with the best Saturday Horse Racing Tips for Morphettville.
The action at Adelaide kicks off at 12:59pm (AEDST) with Race 1 – the $32,000 Holdfast Life & Investment Handicap (1800m) featuring a top field of eight three-year-olds.
Our race tip for race one to kick start your winning wagers at Adelaide is #2 Our Iridium to cause an upset over the favourites and win at generous odds through Luxbet.
Highlighting the Morphettville programme this Saturday is the $80,000 Listed Birthday Cup (1800m) running as Race 8 at 5:38pm (AEDST).
The 2011 Birthday Cup field features 11 runners following the early scratching of #3 Lady Avacan.
We are tipping another upset in the headline race and have #2 Bonindi rated special to win, Luxbet currently paying double figure odds on the six-year-old.
For the placings in the Birthday Cup Movie Mogul and Rockwood are two other longer-priced outsiders with the talent and recent form to finish in the money.Or, try laying the favourite Foxham for another exciting wager through Luxbet.
There will also be plenty of attention on Race 7 the $50,000 Allan Scott Park Morphettville Flying Handicap (1200m) due to jump at 4:59pm (AEDST), as Alcopop makes a modest return to racing.
See below for our full list of Morphettville Saturday track tips including our pick to win each race and our other favourites to lock into those high-paying exotics at Luxbet!
Luxbet beat the TAB for odds, payouts and easy access to betting markets every time so open you account today.
Morphettville Race 1 Tips – Holdfast Life & Investment Handicap (1800m)
- To Win: #2 Our Iridium – Bet now at Luxbet
- Place / Exotics: #6 Exotic Girl, #3 It’s Home and #1 Trust In Magic
Morphettville Race 2 Tips – Holdfast Finance Two-Years-Old Plate (1000m)
- To Win: #11 Our Smokin’ Rock – Bet now at Luxbet
- Place / Exotics: #10 Ortmayer, #12 Stratumotor and #2 Snip ‘n’ Run
Morphettville Race 3 Tips – Holdfast Insurance Brokers Handicap (2000m)
- To Win: #1 Maunatrice – Bet now at Luxbet
- Place / Exotics: #10 Bunker Boy, #6 Fantastic Glen and #12 Tad Of Class
Morphettville Race 4 Tips – Holdfast 65 Plus Handicap (1200m)
- To Win: #7 Southern Speed – Bet now at Luxbet
- Place / Exotics: #3 Grand Taj, #1 Beckenbauer and #2 Little Akie
Morphettville Race 5 Tips – Schweppes Tonic Handicap (1100m)
- To Win: #3 Prussian Storm – Bet now at Luxbet
- Place / Exotics: #11 Tharros, #1 Believe In More and #9 Sophina
Morphettville Race 6 Tips – Betfair Handicap (1100m)
- To Win: #9 Soda Pop Girl – Bet now at Luxbet
- Place / Exotics: #6 Cruziero, #2 Maccas Dream and #12 Valuabelle
Morphettville Race 7 Tips – Allan Scott Park Morphettville Flying Handicap (1200m)
- To Win: #5 Amyjaye Power – Bet now at Luxbet
- Place / Exotics: #3 Rock The Moment, #1 Alcopop and #4 Golden Snip
Morphettville Race 8 Tips – Holdfast Insurance Birthday Cup (1800m)
- To Win: #2 Bonindi – Bet now at Luxbet
- Place / Exotics: #12 Movie Mogul, #4 Rockwood and #8 Foxham
Morphettville Race 9 Tips – Adelaide Casino Adelaide Cup March 14 Handicap (1600m)
- To Win: #13 Public Holiday – Bet now at Luxbet
- Place / Exotics: #5 Tobouggie Woogie, #10 Better Be The One and #14 Exalted Lady
2011 Birthday Cup Field & Barriers
|#||Horse||Trainer||Jockey||Barrier||Weight (kg)||Hcp. Rating|
|1||BLAHNIK||Stuart Gower||Michael Hoppo||5||57.5||99|
|2||BONINDI||Darryl Dodson||Holly McKechnie||3||57||98|
|3||LADY AVACAN||Sue Jaensch||Craig Robertson||1||56.5||101|
|4||ROCKWOOD||Tony McEvoy||Matthew Neilson||11||56||95|
|5||RIVER’S LANE||David Balfour||Todd Pannell||9||54||89|
|6||SUMMERY||Richard Jolly||Libby Hopwood (a)||8||53.5||92|
|7||INSTRUCTOR (NZ)||Len Smith||Clare Lindop||10||53.5||88|
|8||FOXHAM||Tony McEvoy||Simon Price||6||53.5||85|
|9||KINGNADIM (NZ)||Shane Oxlade||Claudia Lions (a)||4||53.5||83|
|10||MOGGADEN||Simon Bates||Jeffrey Maund||2||53.5||83|
|11||KERT||Terry & Karina O’Sullivan||Dom Tourneur||12||53.5||77|
|12||MOVIE MOGUL (NZ)||Stephen Theodore||Paul Gatt||7||53.5||75|
Photo courtesy (c) Steve Hart Photographics