The 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes is Victoria’s premier race for two-year-olds, the Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival feature set to run at Caulfield Racecourse on Saturday February 26 and here the Races.com.au team have a look at the current list of Blue Diamond Stakes nominations.
A Group 1 race worth $1 million in prize money, the 2011 Patinack Farm Blue Diamond Stakes will be run under set weight conditions over 1200m.
Currently there are still 162 runners heading towards a spot in the Blue Diamond Stakes final field after second declaration stage.
The early 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes nominations of yearlings closed back in July of 2010, with 1249 youngsters entered.
After nominations, the first declarations were taken in late November followed by the Blue Diamond Stakes second declarations on Tuesday, 11 January 2011.
Third declarations for this season’s Blue Diamond Stakes will be taken on Tuesday, February 1 followed by the release of the Blue Diamond Stakes final field of acceptances on Tuesday February 22, 2011.
The Blue Diamond Stakes field limit is 16 starters plus four emergencies, meaning over 150 horses will be cut from the current list of Blue Diamond Stakes entries.
To earn a spot in the Blue Diamond Stakes field and have a shot at the $600,000 first prize for the winner there are a number of balloting conditions two-year-olds must meet.
However, there are a few earlier autumn carnival races that earn the winner a Blue Diamond Stakes ballot exemption including the Listed Blue Diamond Previews taking place this Australia Day, Wednesday January 26, and the Group 3 Blue Diamond Preludes on February 12.
Blue Diamond betting is already open at a number of online bookmakers, with our preferred bookie Luxbet opening odds shortly, and it is the fillies dominating the early markets.
Early favourites in the current Blue Diamond markets include:
- John Thompson’s unbeaten Testa Rossa filly Pane In The Glass who just completed the Inglis Nursery / Inglis Classic double
- The Peter Moody-trained daughter of Encosta De Lago One Last Dance
- Snitzel filly Hollyweird winner of two of their three starts
- Mick Price’s Dane Shadow filly Holdontoyahorses unbeaten in two starts
- Boys On Tour a highly fancied General Nediym gelding set to make their race debut in the Blue Diamond Preview on Wednesday January 26
- Bossdon City another favourite in the Australia Day Preview after winning on debut at Rosehill
Races.com.au will have the most comprehensive 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes coverage including the fields, odds, betting, form guides and best Blue Diamond race tips so make sure you stay tuned.
In the meantime, get ready to back the best two-year-olds in the country by opening your Luxbet account today!
2011 Blue Diamond Stakes Field Info
- Current Number of Blue Diamond Stakes Entries is 162
- Blue Diamond Stakes Third Declarations Taken on Tuesday February 1, 2011
- Blue Diamond Stakes Final Field of Acceptances Released Tuesday February 11, 2011
- Blue Diamond Stakes Field Limit is 16 Starters Plus 4 Emergencies