This year one of the best series of races will take place at Caulfield Racecourse on Saturday February 26 when the 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes Day runs as part of the Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival.
Blue Diamond Stakes Day features an elite nine-race programme headlined by the $1 million Patinack Farm Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m) for two-year-olds.
One of the richest juvenile races in Australia, the 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes field will attract the season’s best two-year-olds with early favourites to take out the feature including:
- Bossdon City who won on debut over 1100m at Rosehill on January 15
- Peter Moody’s promising Encosta De Lago filly One Last Dance
- The John Thompson-trained Pane In The Glass winner of the $250,000 Inglis Nursery (1000m) at Randwick back in December
- Mick Price’s unbeaten Dane Shadow filly Holdontoyahorses
Punters should keep a close eye on the top performers in the Group 3 Blue Diamond Preludes (1100m) at Caulfield on CF Orr Stakes Day, February 12, as an early guide for their Blue Diamond Stakes betting.
The other two drawcards for punters and racing enthusiasts on the Blue Diamond Stakes Day 2011 Programme are the $500,000 Group 1 Futurity Stakes (1400m) and the $400,000 Group 1 Oakleigh Plate (1100m).
The 2011 Futurity Stakes field is likely to feature glamour mares More Joyous and the world’s highest rated sprinter Black Caviar making for a top showdown.
Horses heading towards the 2011 Oakleigh Plate include Golden Slipper winner Crystal Lily, last start winner at Flemington Stirling Grove and Gold Coast-based Fastnet Rock gelding Faster Son who has won six of his seven career starts.
Aside from the Blue Diamond Stakes Group 1 racing action, the day will also be host to plenty of other stakes races to enjoy a bet on through Luxbet including the Group 2 St George Stakes (1800m) an ideal lead up to the 2011 Australian Cup, Group 2 Autumn Classic (1800m) for three-year-olds, Group 2 Angus Armanasco Stakes (1400m) for fillies and the Group 3 Mannerism Stakes (1400m) open to mares only.
Nominations for the 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes Day races close on February 21 followed by the final fields on February 23 and the lists of hopeful horses will be published here at Races.com.au.
Stay tuned to Races.com.au throughout the autumn racing season to stay up-to-date with the latest race fields, form guides, betting tips and odds.
Before the carnival kicks off smart punters will be heading to Luxbet and opening an account with Australia’s premier online bookmaker.
Luxbet already have generous futures markets open on a number of the autumn Group 1 features including the Australian Guineas set to run on March 5, so visit them today to lock in the best horse racing odds!
2011 Blue Diamond Stakes Day Races
- $1 million Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m)
- $500,000 Group 1 Futurity Stakes (1400m)
- $400,000 Group 1 Oakleigh Plate (1100m)
- $200,000 Group 2 St George Stakes (1800m)
- $180,000 Group 2 Autumn Classic (1800m)
- $180,000 Group 2 Angus Armanasco Stakes (1400m)
- $125,000 Group 3 Mannerism Stakes (1400m)
- $100,000 Listed Victoria Gold Cup (2000m)