The premier betting action of the weekend will take place at the Gold Coast Racecourse tomorrow, Saturday January 15, with the 2011 BMW Magic Millions Race Day and to ensure our readers have the best chance of winning big, below the Races.com.au crew provide our elite Magic Millions 2011 betting tips.
A truly sensational race card is scheduled at the Gold Coast tomorrow with nine Magic Millions features set to run including the day’s most anticipated event, the $2 million Magic Millions 2YO Classic, running as Race 7 and featuring talent including unbeaten favourite Karuta Queen, in-form filly Military Grace and Pepper Jet.
The other two headline races that will draw a crowd and plenty of bets are races five and six.
Race five is the $328,000 Magic Millions Cup (1400m) featuring Epsom Handicap winner Captain Sonador (the $3.60 favourite at Luxbet), along with 2009 Magic Millions 2YO Classic winner Phelan Ready and classy mare Zero Rock.
Race six is the $1 million Magic Millions 3YO Guineas (1400m) where a crack field lead by $4.40 favourite Top Drop will fight it out on the field.
Below are our tips for all nine races including the runner from the Magic Millions field we rate special to win and the best place chances to add into your exotic selections.
Note the odds quoted are Fixed Win from Luxbet and are subject to change and that the horses we are tipping to win should be taken at any price!
Make sure when you win you win big this Magic Millions Race Day by placing your wagers online at a better price than the TAB through Luxbet.
Gold Coast Race 1 Tips – BMW M3 Magic Millions Maiden Plate (1200m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #2 Speeding To Win – Rated Special to Win at $7.50 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #6 Stratford and #3 Vaarwel
Despite their wide barrier draw (20), Speeding To Win still looks excellent value in the first race of the day, the well-bred Redoute’s Choice grey coming off a number of close calls.
Vaarwel has the right barrier as does Stratford so get them in the Trifecta.
Gold Coast Race 2 Tips – Sony Foundation Magic Millions Fillies & Mares Handicap (1300m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #6 Gai’s Choice – Rated Special to Win at $4.20 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #10 Posh Chic and #3 Casholet
Casholet is the favourite, but the money is starting to come in for Gai’s Choice and we are following that money. Gai’s Choice drawn well in barrier three and coming off a good win at Randwick.
Gold Coast Race 3 Tips – Strategic Airlines Magic Millions Stayers Cup (1800m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #8 Fusakeo – Rated Special to Win at $4.60 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #1 Pepperwood and #3 Jazz Heart
Fusakeo is one of the top fancies and should be able to overcome their wider draw without an issue. Good light weight and the distance should suit Waterhouse’s runner well.
Gold Coast Race 4 Tips – Myer Magic Millions Sprint (1000m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #1 Temple Of Boom – Rated Special to Win at $2.60 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #6 Atomic Force and #3 Paprika
Toowoomba galloper Temple Of Boom may be at short odds, but over $2 for a sure thing is a good thing! Great recent form all season, can handle the weight, shouldn’t disappoint.
Atomic Force adds a bit of value to the trifecta with a nice draw in gate three.
Gold Coat Race 5 Tips – R.M. Williams Magic Millions Cup (1400m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #2 Phelan Ready – Rated Special to Win at $7 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #3 Zero Rock and #1 Captain Sonador
Another upset on the cards here with proven performer Phelan Ready one of the value picks of the day. Has the experience on the track and the Magic Millions arena, some promising recent form and drops back in weights.
Can’t go past the two favourites Zero Rock and Captain Sonador to make it a close race and finish two – three.
Gold Coast Race 6 Tips – $1million Gold Coast Magic Millions 3YO Guineas (1400m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #13 Demanding Miss – Rated Special to Win at $9 Luxbet
- Best to Place Bets: #1 Brightexpectations and #3 Top Drop
Demanding Miss has been one of the big market movers in the MM Guineas odds and easy to see why as she has the ideal draw from gate four, nice recent runs making her a good local to get behind.
Great odds on Waterhouse’s Brightexpectations even for the Place and Top Drop (cleared by vets so don’t be scared about earlier foot worries) is the favourite for good reason so add them in the trifecta too.
Gold Coast Race 7 Tips – $2million BMW Magic Millions 2YO Classic (1200m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #11 Schiffer – Rated Special to Win at $6 Luxbet
- Best to Add in Exotics: #9 Karuta Queen, #7 Snippets Of Glory and #5 Pepper Jet
Schiffer is our favourite outsider of the day to cause an upset and it seems others are starting to see it too as they are shortening in the odds. May be out wider but should present no issue.
Have to include the ‘previously unbeaten’ Karuta Queen (just a little long between runs), while Snippets Of Glory is at a juicy price to give the exotics some flavour.
Gold Coast Race 8 Tips – Marriott Magic Millions Country Cup (1400m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #5 Retrospect – Rated Special to Win at $8.50 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #18 Midnight At Ascot and #7 Strap Theory
Another longer-priced Magic Millions hopeful that can beat the favourites, at $8.50 Toowoomba galloper Retrospect looks good in the Country Cup following improvement in their recent runs. Light weight, experienced jockey and good draw.
Gold Coast Race 9 Tips – SKYracing.TV Magic Millions Class 6 Plate (1200m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #14 Metallurgical – Rated Special to Win at $7 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #2 Easy Rocker and #4 What Happenedhenry
Metallurgical at $7 can rise and win with a succession of spring wins to their name and a good third last start at the track from a wide draw.