Tomorrow Eagle Farm Racecourse in Brisbane is set to host the largest Saturday race meeting, home to a cracker nine-race programme headlined by five black-type features and below are the Races.com.au exclusive insider tips for all the events.
Race eight is the highlight of the day as the rescheduled $200,000 Group 3 George Moore Stakes (1200m) takes place with the likes of Temple Of Boom, Bold Glance and Phelan Ready facing off.
There are also four Listed races at Eagle Farm this Saturday running as Race 2, 3, 5 and 7 – making for a top-class day of racing and betting for spectators and punters.
Here we list our top three selections from each Eagle Farm race field tomorrow, including the horses we rate special to win at whatever odds our preferred online bookie Luxbet is paying as well as the two runners that we are tipping to finish off the trifectas so you can get in on the exotic markets as well!
Don’t forget, placing a bet on any race is quick and easy when you do it online at Luxbet and the other benefit to betting with this Tabcorp-owned bookmaker is knowing you are getting a better price than the TAB!
Eagle Farm Race 1 Tips – Urban Loft Penthouse Class 6 Handicap (1400m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #4 Fantastic Force – Rated Special to Win – Check odds at Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #2 Armstrong Jones and #6 Charter Boat
Fantastic Force has a good barrier three draw, the well-bred Zabeel four-year-old coming off a big win at Doomben first up for the season carrying a hefty 57kg and is the deserved favourite ideally weighted with just 53kg tomorrow.
Eagle Farm Race 2 Tips – Phelan Ready Stakes (1000m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #1 Double Impact – Rated Special to Win at $3.60 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #2 Internal Revenue and #6 First Test
Double Impact is one of the top picks but is still at good odds, drawn a little wider in barrier nine but the classy Mossman two-year-old is unbeaten having won both their career races and looks ready to make in three from three here.
Eagle Farm Race 3 Tips – Calaway Gal Stakes (1000m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #2 Military Grace – Rated Special to Win at $2.30 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #1 Flying Jet and #3 Midnight Minx
A day for the favourites in Brissy, Military Grace at the top of the odds and likely to stay there after a good barrier four draw. The Gillian Heinrich-trained General Nediym filly ready to break their maiden status at just their second start following an eye-catching second on debut from a wide barrier in early November.
Eagle Farm Race 4 Tips – Hotel Urban St Leonards Handicap (1600m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #4 Pepperwood – Rated Special to Win – Check odds at Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #6 Jazz Heart and #8 Equable
Pepperwood is a seasoned six-year-old, local at Eagle Farm and won here last start after going out as a $41 shot. Won’t get the same long odds but will still be good value and the 1600m is ideal for them.
Eagle Farm Race 5 Tips – Just Now Handicap (1300m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #3 Beyonces Star – Rated Special to Win – Check odds at Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #5 Swiss Rose and #11 Miss Imagica
Beyonces Star has a brilliant barrier two draw and is set to be ridden by champion hoop Chris Munce. Her first up start for the season wasn’t great, but can be forgiven.
Eagle Farm Race 6 Tips – Dolphin Plastics & Packaging One Metro Win Handicap (1200m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #2 Craiglea Falcon – Rated Special to Win – Check odds at Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #3 Facile Tigre and #7 Outstandingly
Craiglea Falcon an excellent double-figure outsider to cause an upset here from the ideal barrier two draw. Good form for this after a close second here over the same distance on November 27 from a bad barrier.
Eagle Farm Race 7 Tips – Hotel Urban St Kilda Gold Edition Plate (1200m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #1 Steel Dragon – Rated Special to Win – Check odds at Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #9 Audacious Spirit and #14 Pyrography
Steel Dragon one of the favourites coming off a good second at Doomben, drops back in weight and distance here both an advantage for Gillian Heinrich’s three-year-old.
Eagle Farm Race 8 Tips – George Moore Stakes (1200m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #5 Temple Of Boom – Rated Special to Win at $3 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #10 Funtantes and #9 The Sixties
Temple Of Boom was favourite before the wash out last week and remains the top pick of the field. Was impressive down in Melbourne during the spring, the Toowoomba galloper ready to return to Queensland with a big win in this.
Eagle Farm Race 9 Tips – John Maclean Foundation Open Handicap (2140m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #4 Raeburn – Rated Special to Win – Check odds at Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #2 Eureka and #3 Drumshanbo
Raeburn should get a nice run from gate two, easy to see why they’re the favourite. Won at Doomben with more weight and a worse draw last start so stick to Brian Smith’s six-year-old here.
Want the best horse racing odds in Australia but don’t have an account with Luxbet? It only takes a few minutes to join Luxbet and if you use the exclusive codeword BONUS400 when you sign up and deposit a minimum of just $25 you will get 100% of your first deposit as a free bet up to $400! Join Luxbet today!