Some of the weekend’s best racing action will take place at Ascot Racecourse tomorrow, Saturday the 11th of December, as the latest Perth Summer Racing Carnival meeting lights up the track, and to get you winning big below the Races.com.au team provide readers with our exclusive 2010 AJ Scahill Stakes Day betting tips.
A top line-up of eight races are on the Ascot race programme tomorrow, the marquee event on the card being Race 6 – the $125,000 Group 3 AJ Scahill Stakes (1400m) where local stars Waratahs Secret, King Kool Kat and Hadabeclorka will face off.
The other two headline events on the card that have drawn quality fields and have generous betting markets and odds open on are races four and seven.
Race four is the $100,000 Listed W.A. St. Leger (2100m) featuring Ranger and Hoesgaarden, and then race seven is the $80,000 Listed Starstruck Classic (1600m) for fillies and mares.
For the best betting tips on all the Ascot races running tomorrow see below where we have listed the horse Races.com.au has rated special to win in every race as well as our two best Place picks from each field to add into your Trifectas and First Fours at Luxbet!
Ascot Race 1 Tips – Westspeed 2YO Plate (1000m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #10 Night War – Rated Special to Win – Check odds at Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #7 Dual City and #5 Almachino
Night War has a wide draw but the well-bred General Nediym filly will take some beating after producing two brilliant barrier trial wins last month leading up to her race debut here.
Ascot Race 2 Tips – Westspeed 3YO Handicap (1200m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #1 Uma Park – Rated Special to Win at $2.30 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #4 The Tenby Friar and #5 Highway Trader
Uma Park is the deserved favourite and best not to lay. Drawn ideally on the rails in this small field and coming off a big win here in a race of the same distance and conditions.
Ascot Race 3 Tips – Westspeed Stayers’ Bonus Handicap (2200m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #4 Double Barrel – Rated Special to Win at $4 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #6 Rivotio and #7 Western Jewel
A wide open field and market here, currently Double Barrel is the favourite with a good barrier four draw making the Adam Durrant-trained seven-year-old a nice chance to improve on their two recently unlucky third place finishes here.
Ascot Race 4 Tips – W.A. St Leger (2100m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #1 Ranger – Rated Special to Win
- Best Place Bets: #2 Mighty Rossa and #3 Amelias Dancer
Lots to like about the favourite Ranger here. Drawn in barrier three and dropping right back in weight and class after finishing an eye-catching fifth in the Group 1 Kingston Town Class (1800m) here last start. Has class and ability to beat them.
Ascot Race 5 Tips – Perth Ice Party Ice Handicap (1400m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #20 Highest Honour – Rated Special to Win – Check odds at Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #12 Fumio and #1 Kerrific
Highest Honour is the fourth emergency here, but with a big field likely to be cut down tomorrow with early morning scratching we are tipping the Grant Williams-trained Elusive Quality mare to make the field and blow them away with the 1400m ideal for this genuine sprinter/miler.
Ascot Race 6 Tips – A.J. Scahill Stakes (1400m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #8 Waratahs Secret – Rated Special to Win at $2.80 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #1 Marasco and #3 Megatic
Waratahs Secret is the raging favourite for the 2010 AJ Scahill Stakes drawn out a little wider in barrier nine, which will suite the Oratorio four-year-old. Winner of the Prince of Wales Stakes three starts back, Ascot is Waratah’s Secret favourite track and they should be ready to rise and score another Group victory here following a gallant fourth in the Winterbottom.
Ascot Race 7 Tips – Starstruck Classic (1600m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #4 Manila I Scream – Rated Special to Win at $9 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #3 Premardal and #1 Admiring
Manila I Scream is one of the top fancies but is still at generous odds to cause an upset. Good barrier four draw, nice 55kg weight and coming off a last start win at the track over 1800m this mare ticks all the boxes third up this prep to win at stakes level.
Ascot Race 8 Tips – Perth Ice Pure Life Handicap (1500m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #6 Naku Penda – Rated Special to Win – Check odds at Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #8 Vain Strike and #10 Dempsey
Naku Penda has come up trumps on the rails for the final race tomorrow, due to be ridden by in-form hoop Paul Harvey this Flying Spur gelding thrived here last start with a 1400m win and can continue this form at a nice price.
Give yourself every chance to win today by taking advantage of our insider tips and placing your bets online through Australia’s leading online bookmaker Luxbet who have a free bet up to $400 waiting for all new customers that join and use the promo code BONUS400!