Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The 2010 Kingston Town Classic is the biggest thoroughbred racing event happening this weekend when the $500,000 showdown takes place at Ascot Racecourse on Saturday December 4, and the betting markets for the race are really starting to heat up.
Punters have been getting on the Playing God bandwagon, heavily backing the Neville Parnham-trained favourite in from their opening quote of $4.40 right into $3.80 at Luxbet to win the Group 1 Kingston Town Classic (1800m) on Saturday and continue their recent string of Ascot wins.
The scratching of two horses from the Kingston Town Classic field yesterday, Luen Yat Forever and Almohad both ruled out, has seen the odds on the remaining runners change.
Firmers in the Kingston Town Classic betting that have seen money come in for them include:
- #1 Black Piranha – In from $26 – $21 after the seven-year-old Sydney galloper drew well with barrier five.
- #5 Grand Nirvana – Shortened right in from $35 to $21, ideal barrier seven draw and consistent recent form make them a great roughie in the exotics.
- #7 Colour Correct – Beaten Railway Stakes winner a real firmer, in from $17 to $10 after coming up trumps with barrier three, punters ready to forgive for last start and are tipping a return to form.
- #9 Trusting – Now at $9.50 after opening at $11, in peak condition and looked superb in a gallop at Ascot earlier in the week. The Sydney raider is adjusting well to the conditions at Perth and will have benefited from their run in the Railway Stakes, not disgraced finishing sixth.
- #14 Impressive Jeuney – Firmed in from $11 to $9.50, another runner that worked strongly at Ascot this week, fast beginner likely to set the pace and if she can finish it off may cause an upset at good odds.
Market drifters in the Kingston Town Classic odds that are now at longer odds include:
- #2 Triple Honour – Out from $21 to $31 after a poor barrier 15 draw, failed in the Railway when second last and can’t see any big changes to suggest they can cause an upset.
- #4 Famous Roman – Second favourite slight drifter now at $7.50, represents excellent value as they will move in a few barriers and were able to take out the Group 3 Lee Steere Stakes (1400m) from a wider barrier nine two starts back.
- #10 God Has Spoken – One of the biggest drifters, out from $8.50 to $11 despite good barrier two draw. Inside tip – God Has Spoken is getting a positive shoeing change pre race which will improve their performance.
To view the full 2010 Kingston Town Classic odds and betting options visit Luxbet now before prices on your favourites firm further!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.