Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The clash we have been waiting for all spring finally takes place today at Flemington in the Patinack Farm Classic, the giant horse Hay List vs the unbeaten filly Black Caviar. We take a quick look at the form for all runners.
1. All Silent – Multiple group 1 winning 7 year old gelding has won 8 from 24 starts with two placings, doesn’t like the track to race worse than slow but excels at dead to good. Loves it down the straight at Flemington and won this race last year with an amazing turn of foot. Will have his work cut out giving the on paced runners a start but will be lucrative odds.
2. Hay List – His title is on the line today had been heralded as Australias best sprinter but he has a challenger now. Has won 12 from 14 with one placing he is a giant strong horse who races on the pace, makes his own luck and runs sensational times. Ran 1.08.2 on a dead track here at Flemington a month ago and if it had of been a good track the track record was in danger. Has won at group 1 level winning the Manikato stakes in September hard to see him being beaten.
3. Eagle Falls – Won 6 from 18 with 3 placings, is yet to win at group 1 level and gives the impression he is a few lengths from a true group 1 horse. Two starts ago got beaten nearly 4 lengths by Hay list and last start got beaten over 7 lengths by Black Caviar. Prepared by top trainer David Hayes but its hard to see him making enough improvement to win this.
4. Melito – Dual group 1 winner although the fields it beat were questionable group 1 horses has raced 19 times for 4 wins and 11 placings usually finds one better, was well beaten behind Black Caviar and isn’t really up to these sprinters, prefer at group 2 level or against own sex.
5. Ortensia – 20 starts 9 wins and 5 placings, really struggled last preparation can race well first up and top jockey on board in craig Williams who knows the horse very well and he is riding in great form. Would prefer to see first up against this field and coming of a bad preparation last time in.
6. Black Caviar – Race favourite and has raced 7 times for 7 wins , has never been tested in a race so we don’t know how much she has left. A brilliant filly hasn’t run the times that Hay List has over the 1200 meters but has done it so easily. Beat top multiple group 1 winning mare Hot Danish by 5.5 lengths last start is fit and trained by the best trainer in Australia in Peter Moody.
7. Star Witness – Boom 3 year old , won the group 1 Blue Diamond Stakes at 2 years old and beat them easy down the straight at Flemington in the group 1 Coolmore over this course. If the other 2 put and foot wrong and they will need too he is a chance to run home over the top.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.