Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Tomorrow as part of the elite racing action of Emirates Stakes Day at Flemington, boom sprinter Hay List will contest the $750,000 Group 1 Patinack Farm Classic (1200m) looking to stop classy mare Black Caviar from maintaining her unbeaten record.
It is going to be a mouth watering showdown between two of the springs’ best sprinters and giant Statue Of Liberty gelding Hay List certainly has an imposing record, but can he win the Patinack Farm Classic?
Horse Facts – Hay List
- Jockey: Glyn Schofield
- Trainer: John McNair
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Statue Of Liberty (USA) from Sing Hallelujah
- Career: 14-12-1-0
- Prize Money: $956,125
- Current Patinack Farm Classic Odds: $3 Luxbet
Why Hay List Can Win the Patinack Farm Classic
- Has a nearly impeccable career record of 12 wins from 14 starts, only defeated twice
- Coming off three big spring victories in the McEwen Stakes, Manikato Stakes and the Gilgai Stakes
- Already a Group 1 winner so has experienced the pressure of this competition – Black Caviar has never raced at Group 1 level
- Won at this track and distance last start in sensational style so is suited to Flemington also locally trained
- Unbeaten in four starts
- Will be ridden by regular rider Glyn Schofield whereas Black Caviar has a jockey change with Luke Nolen suspended
- Can lead all the way or do the chasing and run them down so will suit any pace
- Drawn ideally in barrier two
- Has won on a Slow track at Moonee Valley and Black Caviar has only raced up to Dead ground
Why Hay List Can’t Win the Patinack Farm Classic
- Facing Black Caviar for the first time and this mare is super impressive to say the least
- Carrying a hefty 58.5kg, 2kg worse than Black Caviar, but he’s a big horse and has carried this to victory twice already this season
- Inside running may be a little soft if there’s rain around on Saturday
- Suffered a slight setback after a minor leg wound last week saw Hay List miss some gallops in preparation for the Patinack
- Star Witness could come out and cause an upset over both Hay List and Black Caviar!
So whether you want to get behind Hay List at his decent $3 price, back the favourite Black Caviar or tip an upset from the likes of Star Witness – all the best odds on the Patinack Farm Classic and other Emirates Stakes Day features are online at Luxbet!
Join Luxbet today, deposit a minimum of just $25 and use the exclusive codeword EXTRA400 to get DOUBLE your deposit up to $400 as a Free Bet!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.