Powerful racing stable Godolphin have two runners in the 2010 Melbourne Cup field as they seek that elusive Loving Trophy, of the duo Campanologist is their top rated chance but can he provide them with a Melbourne Cup win tomorrow?
Having had three Melbourne Cup runners-up over the years and one third placegetter, Godolphin have Campanologist and Holberg in the $6 million Melbourne Cup (3200m) at Flemington tomorrow.
Horse Facts – Campanologist
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Saeed Bin Suroor
- Owners: Godolphin Stud
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Kingmambo (USA) from Rink Of Music (GB)
- Career: 25-9-4-4
- Prize Money: $1,322,173
- Current Melbourne Cup Odds: $61 Luxbet
Why Campanologist Can Win
- Is coming off solid overseas form with back to back Group 1 wins in Germany and a third place finish in the Arc Trial
- Will have Kerrin McEvoy aboard who has a Melbourne Cup win under the belt with Brew (2000)
- Due to carry 56kg, which is a big drop back in weight to the hefty 61.5kg they carried last start
- Can handle all track conditions, which is a big plus with a Soft to Heavy track predicted at Flemington tomorrow
Why Campanologist Can’t Win
- Is yet to race in Australia and hasn’t had a start since September 17
- Has drawn wide with barrier 19, a gate that has not produced a Melbourne Cup winner for over two decades
- Not used to big fields like the 24-horse Melbourne Cup field, large crowds at Flemington may spook him
- Facing one of the strongest Melbourne Cup fields in history with stars like So You Think and Shocking
To get the best Melbourne Cup odds on Campanologist and all the other runners, head to Luxbet now.
As an exclusive bonus, if you are new to sign up, deposit and use the codeword EXTRA400 you will get DOUBLE your deposit up to $400 at Luxbet now!