Of the 24 horses ready to face off in the 2010 Melbourne Cup, the Tony Noonan-trained Buccellati is one of the longest-priced contenders in the Cup betting markets. So at triple figure odds to win the 150th Emirates Melbourne Cup, does Buccellati have any claims in Race 7 at Flemington tomorrow?
Horse Facts – Buccellati
- Jockey: Steven King
- Trainer: Tony Noonan
- Owners: P C McMahon, J A McMahon, Botsky Pty Ltd, R m Goreel, W E Gorell
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Soviet Star (USA) from Suisi Wong (IRE)
- Career: 30-8-1-2
- Prize Money: $925,105
- Current Melbourne Cup Odds: $251 Luxbet
Why Buccellati Can Win
- Barrier 21 produced last year’s winner Shocking as well as Rogan Josh (1999) and Doriemus (1995) in the past 20 years
- Jockey Steven King has a Melbourne Cup win to his credit, but it was back in 1991 with Let’s Elope
- Has firmed in the markets today, in from $301 to $251 suggesting someone wants this roughie to win
- A winner up to 2600m so is a stayer, just not at this level
Why Buccellati Can’t Win
- Poor lead-up form has seen a dead last finish in the Underwood, distant seventh in the Turnbull and disappointing 16th in the Caulfield Cup
- Has been beaten by the majority of the Melbourne Cup field more than once this preparation
- Age – only 10 seven-year-olds have won the Melbourne Cup
- Not a Group 1 horse
- Doesn’t like the wet and it could be a soft track at Flemington on Melbourne Cup Day
Aside from the superstitious barrier draw omen, there is nothing to suggest Buccellati can finish better than midfield in the Melbourne Cup for 2010.
Whether it is a standard Win or Place wager, or a Melbourne Cup Trifecta or First Four that you want to put down on the 2010 Melbourne Cup, our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet have you covered!
Easy to use, offering very competitive odds and with a sensational $400 Free Bet Bonus awaiting for all new customers that deposit between $200 and use the promo code EXTRA400, Luxbet is the premium destination for your Melbourne Cup betting.