Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
In a cracker 24-horse Melbourne field for the 150th running of the world’s richest handicap tomorrow, one of the oldest horses ready to line-up is in-form veteran Zipping, but can the Lloyd Williams-owned champion become the first nine-year-old in history to win the Melbourne Cup?
Prolific racehorse owner and enthusiast Lloyd Williams has two horses in the 2010 Melbourne Cup field tomorrow, Zipping and lightly-raced Linton.
With age and history against him, can Zipping win the 2010 Melbourne Cup at Flemington tomorrow?
Horse Facts – Zipping
- Jockey: Nicholas Hall
- Trainer: Robert Hickmott
- Owners: Lloyd Williams and Mrs S J Williams
- Age: 9YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Danehill (USA) from Social Scene (IRE)
- Career: 44-15-3-7
- Prize Money: $4,070,195
- Current Melbourne Cup Odds: $26 Luxbet
Why Zipping Can Win
- Is in career-best form having won the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes (2000m) here two starts back and then ran a gallant second to So You Think in the Group 1 Cox Plate (2040m)
- Has beaten many 2010 Melbourne Cup rivals this spring including Shocking, Shoot Out, Monaco Consul and Descarado
- Genuine stayer that has won over 2500m
- One of the highest earners in the field having won over $4 million in prize money
- Dropping right back in weight from 59kg at his last three starts to a much more favourable 55.5kg
- Will be ridden by Nicholas Hall who has run in the past two Melbourne Cups
- Is a son of boom sire Danehill, the paternal grandsire of triple Melbourne Cup winner Makybe Diva and broodmare sire of last year’s Melbourne Cup winner Shocking
Why Zipping Can’t Win
- No nine-year-old in history has won a Melbourne Cup
- Finished fourth in the 2006 and 2007 Melbourne Cups, was ninth in 2008 and did not run last year so may not be able to get up again this year
- If Flemington track softens won’t be suited to ground rated worse than Slow
There is a lot to support Zipping to win the 2010 Melbourne Cup, so get behind him now at a generous price through Luxbet.
Even more generous is Luxbet’s $400 Bonus Bet Offer! Simply sign up, deposit between $25 and $200, use the exclusive promo code EXTRA400 and get an instant free bet DOUBLE your initial deposit thanks to the Tabcorp-owned Luxbet.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.