This year the 2010 Melbourne Cup field boasts a strong international presence with nine northern-hemisphere trained horses lining up in Race 7 at Flemington tomorrow. Of the nine, Mr Medici is the first Hong Kong-trained runner to contest the famous Flemington two mile handicap, but can he win the Melbourne Cup tomorrow?
Horse Facts – Mr Medici
- Jockey: Darren Beadman
- Trainer: Peter Ho
- Owner: Mr A Shi Lop Tak
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Medicean (GB) from Way For Life (GER)
- Career: 34-5-12-7
- Prize Money: $2,566,828
- Current Melbourne Cup Odds: $51 Luxbet
Why Mr Medici Can Win
- Ran an eye-catching sixth in the Caulfield Cup at their Australia debut and sure to improve with the run
- Can handle wet and dry tracks so no matter the Flemington conditions tomorrow should run strongly, advantages from a soft track
- Will have Melbourne Cup winning jockey Darren Beadman aboard who rode Saintly (1996) and Kingston Rule (1990) to victory for Bart Cummings in their respective years
Why Mr Medici Can’t Win
- Untested over a distance greater than 2400m so may struggle with the 3200m distance of the Melbourne Cup
- Has only won five times form their 34 career starts
- Drawn in barrier five, which could be too close to the rail in conditions are soft and is a barrier that hasn’t produced a Melbourne Cup winner for over 20 years
- More accustomed to right-handed tracks, could find the left-handed going at Flemington tough
Mr Medici’s form does not really compare to many of the other Melbourne Cup contenders this year, however, with a bit of rain and a soft going track could prove a great roughie to add into your exotics.
For full Melbourne Cup markets and the best range of exotic options, head to Luxbet now.
Even more reason to avoid the TAB and bet online with the Tabcorp-owned and trusted Luxbet is their brilliant Double Deposit offer, giving new depositing customers up to $400 with a bonus bet if you use the codeword EXTRA400!